KANSAS CITY, Mo. – After taking-home the crown in the spring, Oklahoma City University maintained the top spot in the preseason edition of the Men’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll. The Stars grabbed all 19 first-place votes as the fall season gets set to kick-off. Each of the top six spots remained the same from the postseason poll in the spring.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000)
- This is the third-consecutive season that the Stars begin the season in the top spot.
- Oklahoma City leads the All-Time list for NAIA titles with 11.
- Eight teams are new to the poll as Southeastern (Fla.), Our Lady of the Lake (Texas), Park (Mo.), Cumberland (Tenn.), William Penn (Iowa). Arizona Christian, Thomas (Ga.) and Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) cracked the list in the first poll of the season. Cumberland (Tenn.) is the lone team that was not ranked a season ago. This is the first time the Phoenix have made their way in the Top 25 since April 11, 2014.
- Oklahoma City leads the NAIA Active Polls Streak with 116 consecutive appearances.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2018 NAIA Men’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Preseason (August 24, 2018)
|RANK||WEEK||SCHOOL (1st Place Votes||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Oklahoma City ||529|
|2||2||Dalton State (Ga.)||502|
|6||6||University of Northwestern Ohio||440|
|7||8||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||412|
|9||11||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||382|
|10||9||William Woods (Mo.)||371|
|13||12||Johnson & Wales (Fla.)||331|
|14||14||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||324|
|16||16||Cardinal Stritch (Wis.)||275|
|18||NR||Our Lady of the Lake (Texas)||221|
|21||NR||William Penn (Iowa)||161|
|24||NR||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||110|
|25||17||Holy Cross (Ind.)||109|
Dropped from the Top 25: N/A
Others Receiving Votes: Morningside (Iowa) 90, Marymount California 70, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) 65, Reinhardt (Ga.) 55, Bethany (Kan.) 53, Columbia (Mo.) 38, Corban (Ore.) 28, Bellevue (Neb.) 27, The Master’s (Calif.) 24, Indiana Wesleyan 22, William Carey (Miss.) 21, SCAD Savannah (Ga.) 15, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.) 14, Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.) 9, Culver-Stockton (Mo.) 5, St. Ambrose (Iowa) 4