2017 NAIA Women's Soccer Players of the Week — No. 10 (Nov. 7)
By Chad Waller, NAIA Director of Athletics Communications & Media
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Adrienne Giglio of Robert Morris (Ill.) has been named the NAIA National Women’s Soccer Defensive Player of the Week and Julia Schojan of Fisher (Mass.) has been named the NAIA National Women’s Soccer Offensive Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Giglio and Schojan were selected based on their performances from Oct. 30 – Nov. 5, and were chosen out of a pool of conference, independent and unaffiliated group winners.
Offensive Player of the Week
Julia Schojan, Fisher (Mass.) Sr., F, Rochester, N.Y.
- After her efforts last week, Schojan now holds the NAIA career goals scored record with 146. She has averaged 2.1 goals per match during her four-year career. She broke a 16-year old record set by Juliana Filipe of Union (Ky.) (1998-2001).
- Weekly Stats:
- Posted eight goals, two assists and 18 points in three matches last week for the Falcons.
- Recorded two hat tricks on the week, with a four-goal effort in the 9-1 victory against NCAA Division III Pine Manor (Mass.) on Nov. 1.
- With her two hat tricks, Schojan has gathered three-or-more goals in eight-of-17 matches this season.
- Broke the all-time NAIA goals record with her lone marker in the 3-2 loss to Maine-Fort Kent on Nov. 5.
- Currently, she ranks second in the NAIA in season total goals scored (41) and season goals per match (2.4).
Defensive Player of the Week
Adrienne Giglio, Robert Morris (Ill.) Sr., GK, Belvidere, Ill.
- Weekly Stats:
- In only match last week, she finished with nine saves in 1-0 shutout of St. Ambrose (Iowa) in conference quarterfinals on Nov. 3.
- The nine saves were two shy of a season-high.
- Stands with eight shutouts on the season in 19 starts.
Offensive Nominees: Emma Chatterton, Park (Mo.); Jessica Lanier, Truett-McConnell (Ga.); Veronica Villacorta, UC Merced; Katie Michkiosky, Northwest (Wash.); Demy Whitaker, Robert Morris (Ill.); Aubrey Schierbeek, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Daisy Gallegos, Hope International (Calif.); Gabriella DiDio, Hastings (Neb.); Julia Amador Mejias, Missouri Valley; Taylor Gross, Oklahoma Wesleyan; Skye Zimmer, Georgetown (Ky.); Emilee Bybee, Texas A&M Texarkana; Kelsey Lee, Rio Grande (Ohio); Tameir Grosvenor, Texas Wesleyan; Millene Cabral Vieira, Martin Methodist (Tenn.); Kortney Hinden, St. Thomas (Fla.); Samantha Bartelotti, Siena Heights (Mich.)
Defensive Nominees: Jordan Poire, Columbia (Mo.); Jessica Young, Tennessee Wesleyan; Caitlyn Aaron, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.); Chelsey Nicol, Eastern Oregon; Catherine Schmidt, Marian (Ind.); Jacqueline Talley, Hope International (Calif.); Sarah Toney, Hastings (Neb.); Manaia Siania Unutoa, Graceland (Iowa); Hailey Trupp, Ottawa (Kan.); Amanda Howard, Campbellsville (Ky.); Chelsea York, St. Thomas (Texas); Ashtyn Webb, Point Park (Pa.); Maggie Allen, John Brown (Ark.); Nikki Tellechea, William Carey (Miss.); Sarah Bergkvist, Warner (Fla.); Meghan Bogg, Siena Heights (Mich.)
2017 Women’s Soccer Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (Sept. 5): Romane Salvador, University of Northwestern Ohio; Millene Cabral, Martin Methodist (Tenn.)
Week 2 (Sept. 12): Sarah Klunder, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Sienna Nealon, John Brown (Ark.)
Week 3 (Sept. 19): Caitlin Dumond, Martin Methodist (Tenn.); Katie Reid, Martin Methodist (Tenn.)
Week 4 (Sept. 26): Mikayla Johnson, Cornerstone (Mich.); Ebba Gustafsson, Keiser (Fla.)
Week 5 (Oct. 3): Ashley Kambeitz, Cumberland (Tenn.); Evdokia Popadinova, University of Northwestern Ohio
Week 6 (Oct. 10): Amanda Valentine, Vanguard (Calif.); Jody LeMaster, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Week 7 (Oct. 17): Rebecca Sturgess, William Woods (Mo.); Maddi Berthoud, Westmont (Calif.)
Week 8 (Oct. 24): Lindsey Carley, Concordia (Neb.); Uchenna Kanu, Southeastern (Fla.)
Week 9 (Oct. 31): Catherine Schmidt, Marian (Ind.); Cayla Hebert, Mobile (Ala.)
Week 10 (Nov. 7): Adrienne Giglio, Robert Morris (Ill.); Julie Schojan, Fisher (Mass.)