Click HERE for opening round central website that features live stats, live video streaming and score updates.
Day Two Highlights
- There were 27 games scheduled on day two of the 2019 Baseball National Championship Opening Round.
- IU Southeast (Ind.) earned its first of two wins of the day in walk-off fashion. In game one of the Lawrenceville Bracket, the Grenadiers put together a three-run bottom of the ninth to win its elimination game over Saint Xavier (Ill.), 5-4. Jordan Branz singled to left to score the game-winner.
- Thomas (Ga.) battled back from the losers bracket in Miami Gardens to earn two wins on Tuesday. The Night Hawks will play for a slot in the championship game on Wednesday in game one after a dramatic comeback against Bryan (Tenn.) in the final two innings. Down 9-0 in the sixth inning, Thomas plated three runs in the sixth, two in the eighth and six in the ninth to win 11-10.
- Lyon (Ark.) put together the biggest comeback effort of the day after digging itself a 10-0 hole early. The Scots scored 18 runs in the final five innings against Baker (Kan.) to snag an 18-12 victory in an elimination game to start the day in Williamsburg, Ky.
- Lyon finished the day the an 11-10 heart-stopping win in 12 innings. Tristan BUSCHOW hit a sacrifice fly to center field in the bottom of the 12th to send the Scots on to play on Wednesday.
- Columbia (Mo.) ended the day with a comeback upset over No. 1-seeded Oklahoma City. Down 4-1 entering the top of the ninth, the Cougars plated four runs and recorded a trio of strikeouts to survive and advance.
- After going 1-1 on day one, Madonna (Mich.) grabbed a big win in the nightcap in Kingsport, Tenn., to defeat Campbellsville (Ky.), 5-4. The Crusaders will play in an elimination game on Wednesday with an opportunity to force an if-necessary game with a pair of wins.
- Webber International (Fla.) also made noise in Kingsport with a thrilling 1-0 win over No. 1-seeded Tennessee Wesleyan in game two. The victory sends the Warriors to the championship game, a win away from its first berth to the Avista-NAIA World Series.
- Six No. 1-seeds remained undefeated in opening round play on Tuesday and will play for a berth in the Avista-NAIA World Series in game two on Wednesday.
- Records by seeds through day two
- No. 1 seed: 14-4
- No. 2 seed: 12-8
- No. 3 seed: 13-10
- No. 4 seed: 8-16
- No. 5 seed: 7-16
- The 11th annual opening round event takes place from May 13 – 16 at nine host locations. The format is a five-team, double-elimination tournament.
- The nine opening round champions join Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) at the 63rd annual Avista-NAIA Baseball World Series in Lewiston, Idaho, May 24 – 31. For World Series fan and visitor information, click here.