KANSAS CITY, Mo. –Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.) locked in the No. 1 spot in the latest Division I Women’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll for the 27th time in school history.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000):
- Freed-Hardeman holds a perfect 12-0 record currently. The team’s latest win was against American Midwest Conference opponent then-No. 4 Columbia (Mo.).
- The Lions are one of the top three schools that have been ranked No. 1 the most as the team has been in the top spot 28 times.
- New to the poll this week: No. 16 Lewis-Clark State (Idaho), No. 24 William Jessup (Calif.) and No. 25 LSU Alexandria (La.)
- Oklahoma City holds the longest active streak in the Top 25 with 248 total appearances dating back to 1997-98 school year.
- Union (Tenn.) and Vanguard (Calif.) are the only programs to have spent an entire season ranked No. 1 (Union: 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11) (Vanguard: 2005-06, 2006-07).
- Union (Tenn.) leads all NAIA school with 53 No. 1 rankings. Oklahoma City is second with 50 and Vanguard (Calif.) is third with 46.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the team appears on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- The frequency of polls occurs bi-weekly. This policy was approved by the National Administrative Council (NAC) for the 2016-17 academic season. This change will allow raters the opportunity to consider a larger body of work in between rating periods.
- For the complete rating calendar, click here.
2018-19 NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – No. 2 (Jan. 2)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||POINTS|
|1||2||Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.) ||12-0||219|
|2||6||MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.)||11-1||205|
|6||3||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||10-2||184|
|8||7||Shawnee State (Ohio)||13-3||162|
|14||12||Our Lady of the Lake (Texas)||11-4||127|
|16||NR||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||11-2||112|
|18||17||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||9-3||94|
|20||20||William Penn (Iowa)||12-1||93|
|21||22||The Master's (Calif.)||10-4||88|
|22||18||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||11-3||73|
|23||24||Central Methodist (Mo.)||9-4||63|
|24||NR||William Jessup (Calif.)||12-2||48|
|25||NR||LSU Alexandria (La.)||11-2||46|
Receiving Votes: Mid-America Christian (Okla.) 29, Georgetown (Ky.) 28, Loyola (La.) 20, Baker (Kan.) 15, Arizona Christian 14, Huston-Tillotson (Texas) 13, William Woods (Mo.) 12, Xavier (La.) 10, Martin Methodist (Tenn.) 7, Evangel (Mo.) 4