KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Oklahoma City captures their fifth consecutive No. 1 spot in the NAIA Men’s Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll on the heels of another Stars first-place victory, announced the national office on Wednesday.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
• Top-ranked Oklahoma City took first-place at the NAIA Mid-States Classic. The team captured the first place finish over 20 other teams.
• Southern Oregon holds the record for the most No. 1 rankings with 34 all time.
• Southern Oregon also holds the record for the longest active streak of being in the Top 25 with 95 straight appearances, dating back to 2008.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
• Each conference is represented by one rater.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.” For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2018 Men’s Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – No. 4
|RANK||LAST TIME||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||POINTS|
|1||1||Oklahoma City ||590|
|2||2||St. Francis (Ill.) ||563|
|4||4||College of Idaho||535|
|6||6||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||500|
|7||9||Saint Mary (Kan.)||464|
|11||21||The Master’s (Calif.)||380|
|13||5||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||368|
|15||15||Shawnee State (Ohio)||329|
|20||16||Northwest Christian (Ore.)||225|
|21||22||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||196|
Others Receiving Votes: Oregon Tech 126, Campbellsville (Ky.) 102, Milligan (Tenn.) 77, Baker (Kan.) 65, Cumberlands (Ky.) 52, SAGU (Texas) 22, Evangel (Mo.) 19, Marian (Ind.) 10.