2015-16 NAIA Women’s Swimmer/Diver of the Month – No. 2 (Jan. 21)
By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Maddy Kelly of College of Idaho has been named the NAIA Women’s Swimmer/Diver of the Month, the national office announced Thursday. Kelly was selected for her performance from Dec. 14 – Jan. 20.
National Swimmer of the Month
Maddy Kelly, College of Idaho
Fr., Lebanon, OR
• Placed first in eight of the events competed in.
• Helped her team to their best start in program history, including their first-ever wins against Pacific (Ore.) and Whitman (Wash.), both top NCAA Division III teams.
• Recorded the fastest regular-season 100 freestyle time in program history against Pacific on Jan. 9. (No. 10 mark on the NAIA Top-Time list).
• NAIA leader in the 50 freestyle where she clocked her second-fastest time of the year (24.60).
• Anchored a win in the 200 freestyle relay, earning the needed points for a team win.
Nominees: Andrea Vega, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.), Lisa Tixier, Biola (Calif.), Blandine Tantart, Cumberlands (Ky.), Elena Nikolaeva, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.), Abigail Richey, SCAD Savannah (Ga.)
2015-16 Women’s Swimming & Diving Composite Award Winners
December: Laura Stephenson, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
January: Maddy Kelly, College of Idaho