Photo by Liz Safford, College of Idaho Athletic Department
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Cory Brady of College of Idaho, Greg Conry of Peru State (Neb.) and Terrell Robinson of Faulkner (Ala.) were named NAIA Football National Players of the Week, the national office announced Monday. Brady, Conry and Robinson were chosen for their performances during the week of Sept. 8 – 14 and were selected out of a pool of conference and independent award winners.
National Defensive Player of the Week
Cory Brady, College of Idaho
Fr., DB, Boise, Idaho
• Registered three interceptions to help lead College of Idaho to a 31-28 win over Frontier Conference rival Montana Western on Sept. 13.
• Two of his three interceptions led to College of Idaho touchdowns.
• It was the most interceptions in a game by a Yotes player since Dexter Bell in 1976.
• Recorded seven tackles, including two solo stops.
• Brady has played a key role in the College of Idaho’s 2-0 start in its first season since the program was disbanded in 1977.
• Claims his first career National Defensive Player of the Week award.
National Special Teams Player of the Week
Greg Conry, Peru State (Neb.)
Jr., K, Harlan, Iowa
• Conry kicked a 35-yard game-winning field goal with 58 seconds left in the Bobcats 23-21 victory over then-No. 19 Friends (Kan.) on Sept. 13 in the NAIA Football Game of the Week.
• He ended the game 3-for-3 on field goals, including kicks of 31 and 34 yards.
• Converted 2-of-2 PAT attempts.
• Recorded six kick offs for 376 yards, including three touchbacks for an average of 62.7 yards per kick.
• Claims his first career National Special Teams Player of the Week award.
National Offensive Player of the Week
Terrell Robinson, Faulkner (Ala.)
Sr., QB, South Pittsburg, Tenn.
• Threw for 410 yards and six touchdowns in Faulkner’s 61-34 win against Union (Ky.) on Sept. 13.
• Completed 21-of-25 passes (84 percent).
• Ran for 55 yards on seven carries, including touchdowns of 30 and 3 yards.
• Robinson has now accounted for 13 touchdowns in three games this season.
• He leads the NAIA in total offense per game (392.3), while ranking second in passing yards per game (327.3).
• Claims his first career National Offensive Player of the Week award.
• Last Faulkner player to win the National Offensive Player of the Week award: Josh Hollingsworth (Nov. 14, 2011)
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Offensive Nominees: Dawson Myers, Oklahoma Baptist; Chris Swingle, Culver-Stockton (Mo.); Damian Johnson, Bacone (Okla.); Trace Wanless, St. Francis (Ill.); Stephen Anderson, Trinity International (Ill.); Joshua Stangby, Ottawa (Kan.); Devin Thomas, Morningside (Iowa); Teejay Gordon, College of Idaho; Tyler Mahla, Edward Waters (Fla.); Kurtis Walls, Valley City State (N.D.).
Defensive Nominees: Keshaun Malone, Bacone (Okla.); Isaac Samek, William Penn (Iowa); Ryan Tate, Central Methodist (Mo.); Adam Sauder, Taylor (Ind.); Daniel DeLeon, Campbellsville (Ky.); Matt McElroy, Tabor (Kan.); Anthony Cervantes, Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.); Tyson Kee, Southeastern (Fla.); Nick McBeain, Valley City State (N.D.).
Special Teams Nominees: Trey Tully, Oklahoma Baptist; Abdul Mahdi, Saint Xavier (Ill.); Luke Taylor, College of Idaho; Jalen Ashby, Union (Ky.); DeVontae Anderson, Ottawa (Kan.); Brandon Haan, Taylor (Ind.); Gavin Voss, Presentation (S.D.); Will May, Southeastern (Fla.).
2014 NAIA Football Players of the Week (complete schedule)
Week 1 (Sept. 8)
Offense: Melvin Mason, Southern Oregon
Defense: Justus Dauscha, Cumberland (Tenn.)
Special Teams: Mike Self, Cumberland (Tenn.)
Week 2 (Sept. 15)
Offense: Terrell Robinson, Faulkner (Ala.)
Defense: Cory Brady, College of Idaho
Special Teams: Greg Conry, Peru State (Neb.)