KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Erynn Schuh of Trinity Christian (Ill.) has been named the NAIA Volleyball National Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Schuh was selected based on her performances from Sept. 15 – 21 and was chosen out of a pool of conference player of the week selections.
National Player of the Week
Erynn Schuh, Trinity Christian (Ill.)
Sr., S, Frankfort, Ill.
• Keyed a 5-0 week for the Trolls that extended the program’s current winning streak to 11 matches. Trinity Christian swept all five matches.
• Recorded double-doubles in two matches during the week, including a 29-assist and 15-dig performance against NCAA Division II Ohio Valley on Sept. 19.
• Averaged 9.93 assists and 3.07 digs per set.
• Recorded 10 service aces, including four in the previously mentioned victory against Ohio Valley.
• She enters the week ranked ninth nationally in total assists (659) and 23rd in assists per set (9.98).
• Earns her first career NAIA National Player of the Week honor.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Lydie van Deursen, Columbia (Mo.); Hayli Raines, Tennessee Wesleyan; Emily Nay, Eastern Oregon; Remy Bucknor, Indiana Wesleyan; Yang Yang, Rocky Mountain (Mont.); Reanna Schelhaas, Concordia (Calif.); Ashlee Harms, Midland (Neb.); Christal Hollins, Southern-New Orleans (La.); Kamrin Gold, Culver-Stockton (Mo.); Keri Tanking, Ottawa (Kan.); Maddie Lewis, Asbury (Ky.); Yennifer Ramirez, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Symone Faulkner, Bellevue (Neb.); Alicia Olson, Viterbo (Wis.); Katie Wangberg, Mayville State (N.D.); Rebecca Moustapha, Wiley (Texas); Shayna Daniels, John Brown (Ark.); Bailey Nations, Mobile (Ala.); Jennifer Beatty, Embry-Riddle (Fla.); Amanda Hawkins, Madonna (Mich.).
2014 NAIA Volleyball Players of the Week (complete schedule)
Week 1 (Sept. 9) – Yang Yang, Rocky Mountain (Mont.)
Week 2 (Sept. 16) – Wendy Romero, Park (Mo.)
Week 3 (Sept. 23) – Erynn Schuh, Trinity Christian (Ill.)