By Chad Waller, Director of Communications and Sports Information
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Dzenan Catic of Davenport (Mich.) has been named the NAIA National Men's Soccer Offensive Player of the Week and Casey Clark of Doane (Neb.) has been named the NAIA National Men's Soccer Defensive Player of the Week, the National office announced Tuesday.
National Offensive Player of the Week
Dzenan Catic, Davenport (Mich.)
6-3, Jr., MF, Jablanica, Bosnia
• Scored a school single-match record five goals in the span of 29 minutes during the second half in win over Indiana Tech on Oct. 11.
• In that contest, netted three goals in less than 10 minutes.
• He posted 13 total shots in the 6-0 victory.
• With that effort, tied the program's single-season record in goals (24) while breaking the points record with 53. He held the previous best in both categories.
• Earns second career NAIA National Player of the Week, earning the honor on Sept. 10, 2014.
National Defensive Player of the Week
Casey Clark, Doane (Neb.)
6-0, Jr., GK, DeNair, Calif.
• Allowed one goal in 217 minutes of play as Doane went 1-0-1 on the week – a 1-1 draw against Concordia (Neb.) on Oct. 8 and a 1-0 overtime win over Midland (Neb.) on Oct. 11.
• Posted 10 saves in the victory over Midland, a team in the “receiving votes” category at the time of the contest.
• That effort was his first win on the season.
• Overall, Clark holds season totals of 38 saves and a .633 save percentage.
• Earns first career NAIA National Player of the Week honor.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Offensive Nominees: Abdullah Adam, Lyon (Ark.); Matthew Gray, Reinhardt (Ga.); Brian Chongtoua, UC Merced; Arsinio Walker, Corban (Ore.); Walter Lopez, Judson (Ill.); Jared Putt, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Zach Wall, Rocky Mountain (Mont.); Eduardo Zavala, Hope International (Calif.); Jake Ramsay, Hastings (Neb.); Gabriel Nori Rosendo, Missouri Valley; Adam Wood, Ashford (Iowa); Philipp Wahl, Tabor (Kan.); Luiz Filho, Rio Grande (Ohio); Aleksi Pahkasalo, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Edward Wishart, Central Baptist (Ark.); Brian Lee, Grand View (Iowa); Ricardo Diegues, Texas at Brownsville; Ruy Vaz, Oklahoma City; Daniel Gudmundsson, William Carey (Miss.); Veit Couturier, Embry-Riddle (Fla.).
Defensive Nominees: Ryan Miller, Park (Mo.); Leandro Custodio, St. Andrews (N.C.); Andy Galvan, UC Merced; Daniel Christenson, Northwest (Wash.); Jaime Prardo, Purdue Calumet (Ind.); Adam Miller, Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio); Ben Teasdale, Rocky Mountain (Mont.); Jesse Sandoval, Hope International (Calif.); Felipe Abreu, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.); Chris Higgins, Ashford (Iowa); Alex Montiel, Kansas Wesleyan; Bryan Mcdowell, Cincinnati Christian (Ohio); Dalyan Hawes, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Luis Sanchez, York (Neb.); Ross Alexander, Grand View (Iowa); Angel De La Garza, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas); John-Ramses Thomas, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Xavier Audergon, Mobile (Ala.); Tom Rouine, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Marcel Schmid, Madonna (Mich.).
2014 Men's Soccer Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (September 10): Conor Cable, William Woods (Mo.); Dzenan Catic, Davenport (Mich.)
Week 2 (September 17): Blessing Ngwa, Kansas Wesleyan; Severin Abt, Thomas (Ga.)
Week 3 (September 24): Paul Carr, Point Park (Pa.); Angel Mora, Cal State San Marcos
Week 4 (October 1): Andy Clark, Union (Ky.); Akram El-Nady, Kansas Wesleyan
Week 5 (October 8): Shazz Heale, Midland (Neb.); Humphrey Mahowa, The Master's (Calif.)
Week 6 (October 15): Casey Clark, Doane (Neb.); Dzenan Catic, Davenport (Mich.)