NAIA Volleyball Player of the Week – No. 7
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Ally Krus of Missouri Baptist has been named the NAIA Volleyball National Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Krus was selected based on her performances from Oct. 13 – 19 and was chosen out of a pool of conference player of the week selections.
National Player of the Week
Ally Krus, Missouri Baptist
Jr., S, St. Louis, Mo.
• Led Missouri Baptist to a 5-0 week that included wins against then-No. 15 Evangel (Mo.) (3-1) and then-No. 18 Grand View (Iowa) (3-0).
• Averaged 12.28 assists per set and 2.78 digs per set.
• Against Evangel, she recorded her first of two double-doubles on the week with 49 assists and 16 digs. Her second came against MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) – 46 assists and 12 digs.
• Totaled seven kills, five service aces and eight blocks.
• Ranks second in the NAIA in assists per set (11.64) and third in total assists (1,176).
• Earns second career National Player of the Week honor.
• Last Missouri Baptist player to be named National Player of the Week: Ally Krus (Oct. 16, 2012).
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Paige Moore, Union (Ky.); Renn Isobe, Menlo (Calif.); Lauren Mcgowne, Southern Oregon; Kendyl Danelski, Cardinal Stritch (Wis.); Kaitlin Kerrigan, Grace (Ind.); Alexis Aalona, Westminster (Utah); Amy Weststeyn, Biola (Calif.); Logan Drueppel, Hastings (Neb.); Christal Hollins, Southern-New Orleans (La.); Zoraida Heredia, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.); Danielle Tombolato, Ashford (Iowa); Kristin Parker, Cal State San Marcos; Hayley Ray, Sterling (Kan.); Mallory Morris, Cincinnati Christian (Ohio); Morgan Schlatter, Cumberlands (Ky.); Abby Buehler, Waldorf (Iowa); Alicia Olson, Viterbo (Wis.); Katie Wangberg, Mayville State (N.D.); Jaclyn Bautista, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas); Meghan Irwin, Oklahoma City; Rachel Adam, Brenau (Ga.); Tamires Ferreira, Embry-Riddle (Fla.); Hannah Stone, Davenport (Mich.).
2014 NAIA Volleyball Players of the Week (complete schedule)
Week 1 (Sept. 9) – Yang Yang, Rocky Mountain (Mont.)
Week 2 (Sept. 16) – Wendy Romero, Park (Mo.)
Week 3 (Sept. 23) – Erynn Schuh, Trinity Christian (Ill.)
Week 4 (Sept. 30) – Wendy Romero, Park (Mo.)
Week 5 (Oct. 7) – Christa Hill, Ottawa (Kan.)
Week 6 (Oct. 14) – Alicia Olson, Viterbo (Wis.)
Week 7 (Oct. 21) – Ally Krus, Missouri Baptist