By Mike DeVader, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, MO. – Teryn Wright of Asbury (Ky.) and Nadine Stonjek of Northwestern Ohio were named NAIA Women’s Soccer National Players of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Wright and Stonjek were selected for their play during the week of Nov. 3-9 and were chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
National Offensive Player of the Week
Teryn Wright, Asbury (Ky.)
Junior, Midfielder, Nicholasville, Ky.
• Wright scored two game-winning goals this week, helping Asbury earn a perfect 2-0 record.
• The junior made the lone score in a 1-0 victory over Cincinnati Christian (Ohio) on Nov. 8, moving her squad into the semifinals of the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference tournament against Point Park (Pa.) on Friday.
• Out of the 42 team scores this season, Wright leads the Eagles with 13 netted shots.
• This is her first Player of the Week award.
National Defensive Player of the Week
Nadine Stonjek, Northwestern Ohio
Sophomore, Goalkeeper, Hamm, Germany
• Stonjek was perfect protecting the net in her three games and 270 minutes of action.
• The Hamm, Germany, native made two saves in the final three minutes against then-No. 1 Cumberland (Tenn.) to seal the 1-0 win for the Racers on Nov. 3.
• Stonjek has allowed only six goals all season in 1653:03 of action (19 matches).
• With two blankings in the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference tournament, she moves her season-shutout tally to 16, which is tied for fourth on the NAIA single-season shutout chart.
• This is Stonjek’s first Player of the Week honor.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Offensive Nominees: Donna Joliff, Missouri Baptist; Alexis Dalberth, Tennessee Wesleyan; Amanda Bennett, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.); Liceth Robles, St. Francis (Ill.); Renee Broekhuizen, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Mallory Mitchell, Westmont (Calif.); Kelli Reid, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.); Kelsey Strang, Kansas Wesleyan; Ayaki Shinada, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Lauren Clark, Bellevue (Neb.); Tori Novak, St. Ambrose (Iowa); Cayla Hebert, Mobile (Ala.); Ella Huusko, Northwestern Ohio.
Defensive Nominees: Kathryn Kessler, Missouri Baptist; Katie Barsotti, Point (Ga.); Jasmine Cordova, Menlo (Calif.); Trish Masterson, St. Francis (Ill.); Abby Schue, Grace (Ind.); Destinee Adams, Westmont (Calif.); Mackenzie Little, Culver-Stockton (Mo.); Lauren Randall, Kansas Wesleyan; Brooke Perkins, Asbury (Ky.); Amanda Howard, Campbellsville (Ky.); Laurence Rodier, Bellevue (Neb.); Kaylin Swart, AIB (Iowa); Ida Bjerklund, Auburn Montgomery (Ala.).
2014-15 Women's Soccer Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (Sept. 9): Lexi Gochnauer, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.), Caryn Welch, Avila (Mo.)
Week 2 (Sept. 16): Nicole Franklin, Concordia (Ore.), Inma Martinez, Missouri Valley
Week 3 (Sept. 23): Allison Keeney, Rio Grande (Ohio), Megan Johnson, Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.)
Week 4 (Sept. 30): Jazmin Alvarez, Concordia (Calif.), Natasha Coyle, The Master's (Calif.)
Week 5 (October 7): Brittany Houghton, College of Idaho, Shauna Gilpin, Cumberland (Tenn.
Week 6 (Oct. 14): Lindsay Armstrong, Aquinas (Mich.), Samantha Yasatan, Trinity International (Ill.)
Week 7 (Oct. 21): Mackenzie Anderson, Central Baptist (Ark.), Julia Schojan, Fisher (Mass.)
Week 8 (Oct. 28): Sofia Pacino, Hope International (Calif.), Mercy Darkoah, Bellevue (Neb.)
Week 9 (Nov. 4): Rebecca Wynne, Mobile (Ala.), Lyana Perez, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 10 (Nov. 12): Nadine Stonjek, Northwestern Ohio , Teryn Wright, Asbury (Ky.)