KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Kamrin Gold of Culver-Stockton (Mo.) has been named the NAIA Volleyball National Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Gold, who is the final award winner of the 2014 season, was selected based on her performances from Nov. 3 – 9 and was chosen out of a pool of conference player of the week selections.
National Player of the Week
Kamrin Gold, Culver-Stockton (Mo.)
Jr., OH, Flint, Mich.
• Led the Wildcats to a 3-0 week, including a 3-1 victory against then-No. 22 MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) on Nov. 4. Culver-Stockton also downed William Penn (Iowa) (3-0) and Baker (Kan.) (3-0).
• Recorded double-doubles against MidAmerica Nazarene – 20 kills and 15 digs – and Baker – 17 kills and 10 digs.
• Averaged 5.1 kills and 3.2 digs per set.
• Also recorded a .374 hitting percentage, three assists and seven blocks.
• Ranks 23rd nationally in kills per set (3.68).
• First career National Player of the Week honor.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Abbie O'Mara, William Woods (Mo.); Kara Stamper, Bryan (Tenn.); Lina Semaia, La Sierra (Calif.); Jessalyn Smith, Eastern Oregon; Lauren Macadlo, Trinity Christian (Ill.); Ellie Harp, Grace (Ind.); Ahlea Billis, Rocky Mountain (Mont.); Kelly Heenan, Vanguard (Calif.); Ashlee Harms, Midland (Neb.); Christal Hollins, Southern-New Orleans (La.); Jori Mote, Kansas Wesleyan; Mallory Livingston, Indiana East; Yeniffer Ramirez, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Jamie Reaves, College of the Ozarks (Mo.); Leslie Hoffmann, Mount Mercy (Iowa); Alley Theroux, Valley City State (N.D.); Jade Tigilau, Bacone (Okla.); Shahala Hawkins, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Emma Anderson, Coastal Georgia; Marisa Markus, St. Thomas (Fla.); Kasey Clark, Lawrence Tech (Mich.).
2014 NAIA Volleyball Players of the Week (complete schedule)
Week 1 (Sept. 9) – Yang Yang, Rocky Mountain (Mont.)
Week 2 (Sept. 16) – Wendy Romero, Park (Mo.)
Week 3 (Sept. 23) – Erynn Schuh, Trinity Christian (Ill.)
Week 4 (Sept. 30) – Wendy Romero, Park (Mo.)
Week 5 (Oct. 7) – Christa Hill, Ottawa (Kan.)
Week 6 (Oct. 14) – Alicia Olson, Viterbo (Wis.)
Week 7 (Oct. 21) – Ally Krus, Missouri Baptist
Week 8 (Oct. 28) – Brooke Simpson, Columbia (Mo.)
Week 9 (Nov. 4) – Sydney Koon, Brenau (Ga.)
Week 10 (Nov. 10) – Kamrin Gold, Culver-Stockton (Mo.)