By Chad Waller, Director of Communications and Sports Information
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Korry Tillery of Evangel (Mo.) has been named the NAIA National Division I Men’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. This honor, which captures statistics from Dec. 29 – Jan. 4, is the first of the 2014-15 season.
National Player of the Week
Korry Tillery, Evangel (Mo.)
6-4, Sr., F, Springfield, Mo.
• Posted averages of 27.0 points, 13.0 rebounds and 2.0 assists in two games last week – an 83-79 loss to then-No. 11 Oklahoma Baptist on Jan. 2 and an 89-79 win over then-No. 17 NAIA Division II Robert Morris (Ill.) on Jan. 3.
• Against Robert Morris (Ill.), Tillery went for 25 points and a career-high 22 rebounds.
• The 22 rebounds is tied for the NAIA Division I high this season – Michael Chinn of Southern-New Orleans (La.) on Nov. 28, 2014.
• His 29 points scored against Oklahoma Baptist was a season-high and Tillery’s fifth 20-plus scoring effort this year.
• Ranks 10th in the NAIA in rebounding (9.0 rpg) and 32nd in scoring (17.8 ppg).
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Oceaan Maddox, Edward Waters (Fla.); Taylor Longo, Rocky Mountain (Mont.); Noel Allen, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Ladaris Green, Dalton State (Ga.); Damontre Harris, Campbellsville (Ky.); Keith Mason, Vanguard (Calif.); Robert Waters, Wayland Baptist (Texas).
2014-15 Division I Men's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 6): Korry Tillery, Evangel (Mo.)