NAIA National Wrestler of the Week – No. 1
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Joshua Crager of Warner Pacific (Ore.) has been named the NAIA National Wrestler of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. Crager, who is the first selection of the 2014-15 season, was chosen based on his performances from Dec. 29 – Jan. 4.
National Wrestler of the Week
Joshua Crager, Warner Pacific (Ore.)
133-pound, Fr., Graham, Wash.
• Collected four pins and two decisions en route to a 6-0 week.
• At the Menlo (Calif.) Tournament, Crager won the 133-pound bracket by pinning No. 9 Devin Poppen (0:49) of Southern Oregon.
• Also pinned Alberta’s Melvin Arciaga (2:10) and Jonas Norman (0:35), who was competing unattached, at the Menlo Tournament.
• Owns a 17-8 record on the year.
• Earns the first week award of his career.
• He is the first wrestler from Warner Pacific to claim the National Wrestler of the Week award.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Isaac King, St. Andrews (N.C.); Troy Lakin, Menlo (Calif.); Sterling Terry, Midland (Neb.); Joe Cozart, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Bo Bettinson, Waldorf (Iowa); Dean Broghammer, Grand View (Iowa); Hudson Buck, Dickinson State (N.D.); Zach Skates, Oklahoma City
2015 Wrestling Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 7): Joshua Crager, Warner Pacific (Ore.)