NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week – No. 4
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Tia King of IU East (Ind.) has been named the NAIA National Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Taylor was selected out of a group of conference winners for her performances from Jan. 19 – 25. This award is the fourth of the 2014-15 season.
National Player of the Week
Tia King, IU East (Ind.)
5-9, Fr., G, Indianapolis, Ind.
• Led the Red Wolves to a 2-1 mark this week and 100-point performances in all three games.
• Averaged 28.3 points, 6.0 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game.
• Shot 54.9 percent (28-of-51) from the field and 89.3 percent (25-of-28) at the free throw line.
• Scored a career-high 34 points – also the most points scored by an IU East player this season – in the Red Wolves’ 111-106 road loss at Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference rival Midway (Ky.) on Jan. 22.
• Tallied 28 points and a week-high eight rebounds against Alice Lloyd (Ky.) on Jan. 25.
• Collects first career Player of the Week award.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
The fifth National Women’s Basketball Player of the Week will be announced Feb. 3.
Nominees: Kayla Mollere, Friends (Kan.); Bailey Morris, Concordia (Neb.); Maya Ah You, Eastern Oregon; Kayla Kepler, College of the Ozarks (Mo.); Destiny Tolliver, Bluefield (Va.); Christina Castro, UC Merced; Megan Klein, Dickinson State (N.D.); Janay Pritchett, William Penn (Iowa); Hali Butler, Lawrence Tech (MI); Carlie Newman, Southeastern (Fla.); Allison Kauffman, Grace (Ind.); Abbey Hengesbach, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.).
2014-15 Women's Basketball Division II Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 6): Dannisha Pierce, St. Thomas (Fla.)
Week 2 (Jan. 13): Yolanda De La Torre, Robert Morris (Ill.)
Week 3 (Jan. 21): Akyah Taylor, Saint Francis (Ind.)
Week 4 (Jan. 27): Tia King, IU East (Ind.)