By Chad Waller, Director of Communications & Sports Information
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Lawrence Jackson of Northwestern Ohio is named the NAIA National Division II Men’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. This honor, which captures statistics from Feb. 2 – 8, is the sixth edition of the 2014-15 season. Jackson was chosen out of a group of conference award winners.
National Player of the Week
Lawrence Jackson, Northwestern Ohio
6-4, So., G, Rocky Mount, N.C.
• Jackson led the 21st-ranked Racers to a pair of wins against Marygrove (Mich.) on Feb. 4 and No. 3 Davenport (Mich.) on Feb. 7 in the NAIA Game of the Week.
• Put up averages of 20.0 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 1.5 assists during the week and shot 56.0 percent (14-of-25) from the floor.
• Collected his first career double-double at Northwestern Ohio with 16 points and 10 boards in 86-64 victory over Marygrove. He played just 14 minutes.
• Finished with a game-high 24 points and three boards in the 95-78 win over Davenport. He played a key role in a late first half run that stretched the UNOH lead from four to 14 at the break.
• His efforts on the week moved him into the top-10 in the single-season scoring list (444) at UNOH. He is on pace to move into the top-five on that list by season's end.
• Currently owns a 10-game streak of scoring at least 10 points.
• Ranks 41st in the NAIA with 17.8 points per game.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Cesar Pastrana, Embry-Riddle (Fla.); Nemanja Grujicic, Northwest (Wash.); Dominique Hagans, Union (Ky.); Jake Simpson, Indiana Southeast; Trey Bardsley, Nebraska Wesleyan; Dondre Osborne, Mount Mercy (Iowa); Ethan Murray, College of the Ozarks (Mo.); Lane Mahurin, Indiana Wesleyan; Bryant Allen, Dakota State (S.D.); Adam Arciniega, Bethel (Kan.); Cody Rhorer, Trinity Christian (Ill.); Anthony Williams, Simpson (Calif.).
2014-15 Division II Men's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 6): Chandler Folkerts, Concordia (Neb.)
Week 2 (Jan. 13): Grant Greenberg, Saint Mary (Kan.)
Week 3 (Jan. 20): Matt Schauss, Bethel (Ind.)
Week 4 (Jan. 27): Clay Yeo, Bethel (Ind.)
Week 5 (Feb. 3): Jonny Marlin, Indiana Wesleyan
Week 6 (Feb. 10): Lawrence Jackson, Northwestern Ohio