KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Vlad Khoroletc of Cumberlands (Ky.) has been named the NAIA Men's Swimmer of the Month, the national office announced Wednesday. Khoroletc was selected for his performances from Feb. 2 – 22. This is the third and final swimming honor of the 2014-15 season.
National Swimmer of the Month
Vlad Khoroletc of Cumberlands (Ky.)
Fr., Yekaterinburg, Russia
• Khoroletc took first in all six of his events he competed in at the Mid-South Conference (MSC) Championship on Feb. 6-7.
• The freshman won three individual races, and was a part of three relay-winning squads.
• Individually, the 200-yard freestyle had the most athletes (11) and he bested everyone with a time of 1:42.12.
• Khoroletc’s relay teams won the 200-yard medley (1:37.30), 400-yard medley (3:28.90) and 800-yard freestyle (7:04.56).
• Broke meet records in each event raced.
• The Yekaterinburg, Russia, native was named both MSC Men's Freshman of the Year and MSC Men's Swimmer of the Year.
• This is his first national honor.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
For more information on NAIA Men’s Swimming & Diving, click here.
2014-15 Men's Swimming & Diving Composite Award Winners (Schedule)
January: Nathan Lethbridge, Union (Ky.)
Feb. 4: Simon Pheasant, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)
Feb. 25: Vlad Khoroletc, Cumberlands (Ky.)