By Chad Waller, Director of Communications and Sports Information
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Bryon Miller of Oklahoma Baptist has been named the NAIA National Division I Men’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. This honor, which captures statistics from Feb. 23 – March 1, is the ninth and final honor of the 2014-15 season.
National Player of the Week
Bryon Miller, Oklahoma Baptist
6-5, Jr., G, Mesquite, Texas
• In his team’s lone game of the week, Miller helped carry the Bison to a big upset win over No. 14 Wayland Baptist (Texas) on Feb. 26, 85-79, by posting 29 points, 18 rebounds and two steals.
• The effort was one point shy of his season-high point total of 30 on Nov. 22, 2014 against Tabor (Kan.).
• The junior averages 15.4 points per game on 48.2 percent shooting (161-of-334).
• Miller has grabbed 219 boards in 30 contests this season for an average of 7.4 per outing (42nd in the NAIA).
• The Mesquite, Texas, native owns nine double-doubles this season, tying him for 15th in Division I.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Di'mar Hill, Faulkner (Ala.); Joseph James, LSU Shreveport (La.); Rob Nyby, Rocky Mountain (Mont.); D'von Campbell, Campbellsville (Ky.); Craig Anderson, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); James Lane, Missouri Valley; Kelsey Howard, Tougaloo (Miss.); Garrett Neilan, Hope International (Calif.).
2014-15 Division I Men's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 6): Korry Tillery, Evangel (Mo.)
Week 2 (Jan. 13): Ta'Quan McDew, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
Week 3 (Jan. 20): Damontre Harris, Campbellsville (Ky.)
Week 4 (Jan. 27): Kelsey Howard, Tougaloo (Miss.)
Week 5 (Feb. 3): D'on Hall, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 6 (Feb. 10): Jacob Wiley, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)
Week 7 (Feb. 17): Kenny Manigault, Pikeville (Ky.)
Week 8 (Feb. 24): Matt Qualls, Bacone (Okla.)
Week 9 (March 3): Bryon Miller, Oklahoma Baptist