KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Celia Mansour of William Woods (Mo.) has been named the NAIA National Women’s Golfer of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. She was selected based on her performances from March 30 – April 5 and was chosen out of a pool of conference, Association of Independent Institutions and unaffiliated group winners.
National Golfer of the Week
Celia Mansour, William Woods (Mo.)
Fr., Toulouse, France
• Finished atop a field of 57 golfers at the WWU Spring Invitational at Tanglewood Golf Course with a 3-under par 141 (70-71).
• Mansour’s individual medal led the Owls to a third-straight tournament victory. As a team, William Woods shot 584 (294-290), 50 strokes better than second-place William Penn (Iowa).
• Owns an average score of 71.91 in 11 rounds played.
• First career Golfer of the Week award.
• Last William Woods women’s golfer to win the NAIA national weekly honor: Myriam Hassan (April 30, 2014)
For the complete 2015 Golfer of the Week schedule, click here.
Nominees: Bria Sanders, SCAD Atlanta (Ga.); Cassidy Gibson, Milligan (Tenn.); Kelsey Fisk, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Rachel Thompson, Indiana Wesleyan; Brittany Smith, Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio); Lauren Fitts, Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.); Amy Ahlers, Concordia (Neb.); Marisa Pribnow, Peru State (Neb.); Allison Quigley, Central Methodist (Mo.); Alex VanWanzeele, Indiana East; Rachel Pingleton, Cumberlands (Ky.); Brianna Cornett, St. Catharine (Ky.); Cassidy Scantland, Campbellsville (Ky.); Demi Coertze, William Penn (Iowa); Alexis Belton, Texas Wesleyan; Kailey Campbell, Oklahoma City; Sarah Gilliard, Coastal Georgia; Julia McQuilken, Dalton State (Ga.); Andrea Lopez, Southeastern (Fla.); Tori DeGroodt, USC Beaufort (S.C.); Wiebke Schlender, Indiana Tech; Alyssa Fausneaucht , Siena Heights (Mich.); Chelsea Collura, Madonna (Mich.); Alejandra Farias, Lawrence Tech (Mich.); Morgan Van Meter, Northwestern Ohio; Mallory Antor, Davenport (Mich.).
2015 NAIA National Women’s Golfers of the Week
Week 1 (March 25): Sofia Molinaro, SCAD Savannah (Ga.)
Week 2 (April 1): Elsa Westin, Northwood (Fla.)
Week 3 (April 8): Celia Mansour, William Woods (Mo.)