2015 NAIA Women’s Golfer of the Week – No. 4
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Elsa Westin of Northwood (Fla.) has been named the NAIA National Women’s Golfer of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. She was selected based on her performances from April 6 – 12 and was chosen out of a pool of conference, Association of Independent Institutions and unaffiliated group winners.
National Golfer of the Week
Elsa Westin, Northwood (Fla.)
Fr., Bromma, Sweden
• Finished tied for third – first among NAIA participants – out of a field of 53 golfers representing 10 teams at the Bash at the Beach on April 11 – 12.
• Carded a 72-70—142 – two strokes behind individual medalist Jennifer Hide of NCAA Division I Bethune-Cookman (Fla.) – at the event, which was hosted at LPGA International in Daytona Beach, Fla.
• Led team to a second-place finish, trailing only NJCAA Seminole State (Fla.).
• Leads the NAIA in scoring average at 71.5 in 18 rounds.
• Second career Golfer of the Week award.
• Westin won her first award on April 1.
For the complete 2015 Golfer of the Week schedule, click here.
Nominees: Hannah Stradling, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Myriam Hassan, William Woods (Mo.); Krystal Garritson, St. Francis (Ill.); Perle Pondepeyre, Cardinal Stritch (Wis.); Katie Holdren, Bethel (Ind.); Andrea Martin, Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio); Niiki LaLonde, Saint Francis (Ind.); Darrah Holder, Marian (Ind.); Lindsey Mateer, Baker (Kan.); Alannah Hustead, Central Methodist (Mo.); Clarissa Molina, Missouri Valley; Heather Shake, Houston-Victoria (Texas); Aspen Bryant, Bethany (Kan.); Aspen Bryant, Bethany (Kan.); Mallory Kleoppel, Ottawa (Kan.); Emily Slifka, Point Park (Pa.); Alex VanWanzeele, Indiana East; Annabeth McKay, Cumberlands (Ky.); Renee Santoyo, Bellevue (Neb.); Maggie Yang, William Penn (Iowa); Danielle Ducklow, Viterbo (Wis.); Meg Monson, Mount Mercy (Iowa); Rachel Jahner, Jamestown (N.D.); Caroline Goodin, Oklahoma City; Madison Herron, Oklahoma Baptist; Heather Nail, Mobile (Ala.); Jodi Henley, Thomas (Ga.); Sophie Olley, Embry-Riddle (Fla.); Chelsea Collura, Madonna (Mich.); Alicia Flood, Aquinas (Mich.); Lauren Cojei, Siena Heights (Mich.); Heather Steiner, Lourdes (Ohio); Brennan Hallberg, Davenport (Mich.).
2015 NAIA National Women’s Golfers of the Week
Week 1 (March 25): Sofia Molinaro, SCAD Savannah (Ga.)
Week 2 (April 1): Elsa Westin, Northwood (Fla.)
Week 3 (April 8): Celia Mansour, William Woods (Mo.)
Week 4 (April 15): Elsa Westin, Northwood (Fla.)