2015 NAIA Baseball Players of the Week – No. 5
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Alex Bautista of Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) has been named the NAIA National Baseball Player of the Week and Tyler Mark of Concordia (Calif.) has been named the NAIA National Baseball Pitcher of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Bautista and Mark were selected based on their performances from April 13 – 19 and were chosen out of a pool of conference, independent and unaffiliated group winners.
National Player of the Week
Alex Bautista, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
6-0, Sr., OF, Brooklyn, N.Y.
• Batted .636 (7-for-11) with four home runs and 10 RBIs in four games.
• Led the Blue Raiders to a 2-1 series win against Mid-South Conference rival St. Catharine (Ky.), hitting .571 (4-for-7) against the Patriots with six RBIs and seven runs scored.
• Ended the week with two doubles and a 1.909 slugging percentage
• Stole three bases on three attempts.
• Ranks among the top 10 nationally in 10 statistical categories, including holding the No. 2 mark in total bases per game (3.0) and home runs (18).
• Earned National Player of the Week honors on March 31.
National Pitcher of the Week
Tyler Mark, Concordia (Calif.)
6-5, Jr., P, Los Angeles, Calif.
• Set the NAIA single-season saves record after allowing no runs on one hit against Vanguard (Calif.) on April 18.
• Claimed three saves in three appearances.
• Leads the NAIA with 20 saves and has not allowed a run in his last 22 appearances.
• Allowed two hits and struck out five in 3.2 innings pitched.
• Earns first career Pitcher of the Week honor.
• Last Concordia Pitcher of the Week: Cole Swanson (April 2, 2013)
For more information on NAIA baseball, click here.
For a complete listing of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
The sixth NAIA National Baseball Players of the Week will be announced April 28.
Player Nominees: Christian Cavaness, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Daundray Van Slyke, St. Andrews (N.C.); Calmer Trent, Concordia (Ore.); Eric Sickles, Purdue Calumet (Ind.); Danny Moorehead, Taylor (Ind.); Andres Rodriguez, Biola (Calif.); Nate DeChaine, Morningside (Iowa); Jesse Baker, Edward Waters (Fla.); Andrew Skinner, Missouri Valley; Devin Perry, Fisher (Mass.); Kevin Biro, British Columbia; Jordan Espino, Sterling (Kan.); Christian McHatton, Brescia (Ky.); Garret Anctil, York (Neb.); Dillon Coates, Clarke (Iowa); Lance Ibesate, Jamestown (N.D.); Connor Kalisky, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas); Will Bass, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Ismael Sanchez, Bethel (Tenn.); Adam Duarte, St. Thomas (Fla.); Romer Portes, Indiana Tech.
Pitcher Nominees: Nolan Huber, Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.); Kenny Knudsen, Bryan (Tenn.); Jason Snodgrass, Concordia (Ore.); John Swisher, Roosevelt (Ill.); Markus Arnold, Saint Francis (Ind.); Josh Prater, Concordia (Neb.); Dalton Ripley, Edward Waters (Fla.); Adam Quintana, Peru State (Neb.); Victor Mendez, Fisher (Mass.); Alex Webb, British Columbia; Jose Rendon, Sterling (Kan.); Jason Kim, Point Park (Pa.); Nick Morehead, Campbellsville (Ky.); Brad Lindsley, York (Neb.); Kyle Mesecher, Grand View (Iowa); Tanner Dahl, Jamestown (N.D.); Jerry Flores, Jarvis Christian (Texas); Alsis Herrera, Science & Arts (Okla.); Corey Hale, Mobile (Ala.); Jamie Strock, USC Beaufort (S.C.); Ryan Burns, Northwestern Ohio.
2015 Baseball Composite Award Winners (Pitcher; Player) (Complete Schedule)
Week 1 (March 24): Adam Panayotovich, St. Francis (Ill.); Keivan Berges, Northwood (Fla.)
Week 2 (March 31): Griffin Glaude, Lyon (Ark.); Alex Bautista, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 3 (April 7): Brett Clark, Friends (Kan.); Osvaldo Gonzalez, Bellevue (Neb.)
Week 4 (April 14): Jason Snodgrass, Concordia (Ore.); Landon Coon, Oklahoma Baptist
Week 5 (April 21): Tyler Mark, Concordia (Calif.); Alex Bautista, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)