2015 NAIA Women’s Golfer of the Week – No. 6
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Hannah Duvall of Wayland Baptist (Texas) has been named the NAIA National Women’s Golfer of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. Duvall, who is the final weekly award winner of the 2015 season, was selected based on her performances from April 20 – 26 and was chosen out of a pool of conference, Association of Independent Institutions and unaffiliated group winners.
National Golfer of the Week
Hannah Duvall, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
Jr., New Braunfels, Texas
• Won Wayland Baptist’s first-ever individual conference title with a 7-over-par 147 at Twin Hills Golf and Country Club in Oklahoma City, Okla.
• Shot a tournament-best 70 in the second round to overcome a five-shot deficit and best a field of 30 golfers representing five teams.
• Had only two bogeys in the second round.
• First collegiate tournament victory.
• With the win, Duvall guarantees herself a spot in the field at the 2015 NAIA Women’s Golf National Championships
• Earns National Golfer of the Week for the first time.
• Last Wayland Baptist golfer to week national weekly honors: Morgan Matchett (April 3, 2013)
For the complete 2015 Golfer of the Week schedule, click here.
Nominees: Kelsey Whiles, Concordia (Ore.); Taylor Thompson, Saint Xavier (Ill.); Emma Wynja, Northwestern (Iowa); Lauren Fitts, Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.); Lindsey Mateer, Baker (Kan.); Vanessa Chap, Cal State San Marcos; Rachel Pingleton, Cumberlands (Ky.); Darby Morgan, Oklahoma Baptist; Kailey Campbell, Oklahoma City; Wiebke Schlender, Indiana Tech.
2015 NAIA National Women’s Golfers of the Week
Week 1 (March 25): Sofia Molinaro, SCAD Savannah (Ga.)
Week 2 (April 1): Elsa Westin, Northwood (Fla.)
Week 3 (April 8): Celia Mansour, William Woods (Mo.)
Week 4 (April 15): Elsa Westin, Northwood (Fla.)
Week 5 (April 22): Cassidy Scantland, Campbellsville (Ky.)
Week 6 (April 29): Hannah Duvall, Wayland Baptist (Texas)