NAIA Soccer Players of the Week - No. 4 (Sept. 29th)
By Colbi Howser, communications and Sports Information Intern
Kansas City, Mo. – Adam Holt of John Brown (Ark.) and Aleksi Pahkasalo of Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) have been named NAIA National Men’s Soccer Players of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. These two were selected based on their performances from Sept. 21-28 and were chosen out of a pool of conference and player of the week selections.
National Defensive Player of the Week
Adam Holt, John Brown (Ark.)
So., G, Tulsa, Okla.
• Collected five saves in historic victory over No. 3 Oklahoma Wesleyan to help his team to a 2-0 week.
• Collected third and fourth solo shutouts of the season (8th of career).
• Currently holds a shutout streak at 180 minutes.
• This is his first career Player of the Week award.
National Offensive Player of the Week
Aleksi Pahkasalo, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Jr. MF, Vantaa, Finland
• Recorded two career highs with six goals and five assists to help his team over the Bears of Pikeville (Ky.).
• Five assists in the 14-0 win against Pikeville earned him a program record.
• In the NAIA statistical rankings, he sits No. 1 in total points (39) and in points per match (4.3)
• This is his second career Player of the Week award.
Offensive Nominees: Rodrigo Alves, William Woods (Mo.); Nduka Kemjika, Tennessee Wesleyan; Kahraman Damar, Marymount (Calif.); Peter Bannister, Cardinal Stritch (Wis.); Sterling Steadham, Marian (Ind.); Luis Torres, Great Falls (Mont.); Wilton Quintero, Westmont (Calif.); Ali Sodal, Midland (Neb.); Blake Levine, Baker (Kan.); Branden Sanchez, Saint Mary (Kan.); Eduardo Zurita, Rio Grande (Ohio); Jamie Henderson, Bellevue (Neb.); Espen Hansen, Houston-Victoria (Texas); Robert Ambrosie, SAGU (Texas); Jonathan Remond, Martin Methodist (Tenn.); Jaime Segura, Keiser (Fla.); Jake Love, Davenport (Mich.)
Defensive Nominees: Jorge Bravo Gonzalez, Hannibal-LaGrange (Mo.); Alex Horton, Bryan (Tenn.); Jorge Madera, Antelope Valley (Calif.); Tim Kagey, Corban (Ore.); Luis Ortiz, Roosevelt (Ill.); Cobi Piper, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Brandon Gomez, Vanguard (Calif.); Cesar Valverde, Midland (Neb.); Max Stamer, William Penn (Iowa); Nic Lee, Saint Mary (Kan.); Jeremy de Hoog, Rio Grande (Ohio); Gonzalo Sapena, Campbellsville (Ky.); Quinten Ludwig, Viterbo (Wis.); Angel De La Garza, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas); Filip Ahlstrom, Auburn Montgomery (Ala.); Fabian Heinrich, St. Thomas (Fla.); Nick Hopkins, Cornerstone (Mich.)
2015 Men's Soccer Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (Sept. 9): Robbie Barnhill, Grace (Ind.), Aleksi Pahkasalo, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 2 (Sept. 16): Clark Lydon, Marymount (Calif.), Brent Rodden, Siena Heights (Mich.)
Week 3 (Sept. 23): Marcel Schmid, Madonna (Mich.), Sergio Royo, Northwestern Ohio
Week 4 (Sept. 30): Adam Holt, John Brown (Ark.), Aleksi Pahkasalo, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)