2015 NAIA Women’s Swimmer/Diver of the Month – No. 1 (Dec. 16)
By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Laura Stephenson of Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) has been named the NAIA Women’s Swimmer/Diver of the Month, the national office announced Wednesday. Stephenson was selected for her performance from the beginning of the season through Dec. 13. This is the first swimming honor of the 2015-16 season. The second national award will be announced Jan. 20. Nominations from any of the 26 institutions that sponsor the sport are due to the national office by 5 p.m. CST on Jan. 19.
National Swimmer of the Month
Laura Stephenson, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Jr., Trenton, Ohio
• In 27 events this year she has won 18 as either a member of a relay team or individual event.
• Of the 27 events, she has achieved 24 national “A” standards and two “B” standards.
• Helped her team to a 7-1 duel record on the year with 18-of-19 duel competitions wins.
• Has earned four Mid-South Conference Swimmer of the Week honors this year.
• This is Stephenson’s first national award.
Nominees: Simone de Rijcke, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Felipe Aguilar, Point (Ga.); Lara Kaufmann, Union (Ky.); Maddy Kelly, College of Idaho; Amanda Moran, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Christina Ali, Biola (Calif.); Christina Klouda, Cumberlands (Ky.); Maria Barrera, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Courtney Hayward, Brenau (Ga.); Hannah Legg, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Madison Osterlund, Thomas (Ga.).
2015-16 Women’s Swimming & Diving Composite Award Winners
December: Laura Stephenson, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)