NAIA Division I Menís Basketball Player of the Week Ė No. 3 (Jan. 19)
By Scott Barker, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Xavielle Brown of Park (Mo.) was named NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Brown was selected for his play during the week of Jan. 11 – 17 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
Xavielle Brown, Park (Mo.)
6-2 Jr., F, Fort Wayne, Ind.
• Averaged 35.0 points per game to lead the Pirates to a 2-0 week.
• Recorded 32 points and three rebounds in an upset win over then-No. 2 Columbia (Mo.), 75-73.
• Logged a double-double – 38 points and 12 rebounds – in a 95-87 victory over Hannibal-LaGrange (Mo.).
• Shot 55 percent (5-of-9) from the behind the three-point arc and 85 percent (23-of-27) from the free throw line for the week.
• Ranks No. 1 in the NAIA points per game (26.8) and No. 2 in total scoring (430).
• Leads the team in points per game, total points and total rebounds (121) and is second on the team in steals (26) and rebounds per game (7.6).
• This is his second-career National Player of the Week award and the second this season.
For a complete list of all the Men’s Basketball Division I statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Manny Martin, LSU Shreveport (La.) ; Lucas Lutrell, Faulkner (Ala.) ; Oceann Maddox, Edward Waters (Fla.) ; Rob Nyby, Rocky Mountain (Mont.) ; Christian Leach, Pikeville (Ky.) ; Corday Sims, Peru State (Neb.) ; Nick Tate, Mid-America Christian (Okla.) ; Jaamon Echols, Vanguard (Calif.).
2015-16 Division I Men's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (January 5): Xavielle Brown, Park (Mo.)
Week 2 (January 12): Corday Sims, Peru State (Neb.)
Week 3 (January 19): Xavielle Brown, Park (Mo.)