By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Becca Sabol of Madonna (Mich.) was named the NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Sabol was selected for her performance during the week of Jan. 25-31 and was selected out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Becca Sabol, Madonna (Mich.)
6-1, So., Shelby Township, Mich.
• Set a career high 27 points Wednesday, Jan. 27 in a win against then-No. 6 Davenport (Mich.).
• Recorded two double-doubles on the week including her 27 points, 13 rebounds against Davenport. Also, pulled in 21 points and 15 rebounds against Aquinas (Mich.), Jan. 30. That was her tenth double-double this season.
• Only player in the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference to average a double-double this season.
• Averaged 24 points, 14 rebounds, 1.5 assists, four blocks and three steals on the week.
• Shot 86 percent from the charity stripe.
• Ranks tenth in defensive rebounds per game (7.4).
• Ranks No. 12 in blocks per game (2.1).
For a complete list of all the Women’s Basketball Division II statistical leaders, click here.
For a complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Ashley Romig, Ottawa (Kan.); Annie Thomas, Indiana Southeast; Haley Perkins, Union (Ky.); Sydney Greiner, St. Ambrose (Iowa); Teeka Thompson, Hastings (Neb.); Lakan Hasser-Smith, Marian (Ind.); Jessica Buck, Jamestown (N.D.); Christin Strawbridge, Southeastern (Fla.); Julia Young, Corban (Ore.); Courtney Danna, UC Merced
2015-16 Division II Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (January 06): Abbey Hengesbach, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)
Week 2 (January 13): Charnelle Reed, St. Francis (Ill.)
Week 3 (January 20): Deaundra Young, College of Saint Mary (Neb.)
Week 4 (January 26): Mikayla Leyden, Saint Xavier (Ill.)
Week 5 (February 03): Becca Sabol, Madonna (Mich.)