NAIA National Wrestler of the Week – No. 5
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Ramsey Bloy of Cumberlands (Ky.) has been named the NAIA National Wrestler of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. He was chosen based on his performances from Jan. 25 – 31. This is the fifth of six weekly awards for the 2016 season.
National Wrestler of the Week
Ramsey Bloy, Cumberlands (Ky.)
197-pound, Fr., Freedom Wis.
• Tallied a 6-0 record for the week, including 197-pound title at the Cumberland Open over the weekend.
• Defeated No. 8 B.J. Carman of St. Catharine (Ky.), 3-1, to help the Patriots down the Mid-South Conference rival, 19-17, on Jan. 27. Also beat Carman in the title match of the Cumberland Open.
• Picked up two victories against Evan Decker of Campbellsville (Ky.) – 5-3 decision on Jan. 25 and a 5-2 decision on Jan. 30.
• Also defeated Nate Cleland of Southeastern (Fla.) (fall, 4:35) and Kohl Dodd of Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) (4-0) at the Cumberland Open.
• First national weekly award of his career.
For the complete NAIA Wrestler of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Jeffrey Haley, Williams Baptist (Ark.); Ceron Francisco, Concordia (Neb.); Dakota Drenth, Morningside (Iowa); Kenny Boyd, Missouri Valley; Grant Harrill, Grand View (Iowa); Andrew Hoskins, Campbellsville (Ky.); Gage Branson , St. Catharine (Ky.); Matt Walker, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Cody Sivertsen, Oklahoma City; Nathen Pristavec, Brewton-Parker (Ga.); Olson Delsica, Southeastern (Fla.).
2016 Wrestling Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 6): Andrew Long, Grand View (Iowa)
Week 2 (Jan. 13): Andrew Schulte, Concordia (Neb.)
Week 3 (Jan. 20): Tanner Werner, Grand View (Iowa)
Week 4 (Jan. 27): Tyler Hinton, Ottawa (Kan.)
Week 5 (Feb. 3): Ramsey Bloy, Cumberlands (Ky.)