NAIA Menís Division II Basketball Player of the Week Ė No. 6 (Feb. 9)
By Scott Barker, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Aaron Larson of Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) was named NAIA Division II Men’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Larson was selected for his play during the week of Feb. 1 – 7 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
NAIA Division II Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
Aaron Larson, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)
6-8, Sr., F, Tolono, Ill.
• Led the Tigers to a 2-0 week by averaging 30.5 points per game and 9.0 rebounds per game.
• Recorded his 11th double-double of the season with 28 points and 10 rebounds in a 76-58 win over Calumet (Ind.) on Feb. 6. Became the third-ever Tiger to reach the 2,000 point total.
• Shot 58 percent (7-of-12) from the 3-point line in the two games.
• Went 8-of-10 (80 percent) from the charity stripe.
• Ranks ninth in the NAIA Division II in points per game (23.3).
• This is his second-career national player of the week award.
For a complete list of all the Division II Men’s Basketball statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Kyle Kilgore, Dakota State (S.D.); Dewaine Lyals, Webber International (Fla.); Earl Jones, Warner Pacific (Ore.); Grant Greenberg, Saint Mary (Kan.); Dominique Walls, Indiana Tech; Nick Riley, Union (Ky.); Lane Mahurin, Indiana Wesleyan; Jerah'me Williams, Point Park (Pa.); Trey Bardsley, Nebraska Wesleyan; Zach Davis, Cal Maritime
2015-16 Division II Men's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (January 5): Ilya Ilyayev, St. Francis (Ill.)
Week 2 (January 12): Brandon Vanderhegghen, Grace (Ind.)
Week 3 (January 19): Travis Giesselmann, Nebraksa Wesleyan
Week 4 (January 26): Aaron Larson, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)
Week 5 (February 2): Jesse Jones, Midland (Neb.)
Week 6 (February 9): Aaron Larson, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)