NAIA Division I Menís Basketball Player of the Week Ė No. 6 (Feb. 9)
By Scott Barker, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Match Burnham of Carroll (Mont.) was named NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Burnham was selected for his play during the week of Feb. 1 – 7 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
Match Burnham, Carroll (Mont.)
6-8, Fr., C, Spangle, Wash.
• Scored team-high 39 points in an 88-80 win over Rocky Mountain (Mont.) on Feb. 4.
• Added three rebounds and two steals in the win.
• Shot 57 percent (4-of-7) from behind the 3-point line.
• He shot 50 percent (8-of-16) from the field and a perfect 19-of-19 from the free throw line, overall.
• This is his first-career national player of the week award.
For a complete list of all the Men’s Basketball Division I statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Tevin Howard, Williams Baptist (Ark.); Morris Wright, Xavier (La.); Brian Sylvester, LSU Alexandria; Deondre Mcwhorter, Georgetown (Ky.); Dion Rogers, Texas Wesleyan; Corday Sims, Peru State (Neb.); Johnny Griffin Jr., Loyola (La.); Zach Allmon, Vanguard (Calif.)
2015-16 Division I Men's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (January 5): Xavielle Brown, Park (Mo.)
Week 2 (January 12): Corday Sims, Peru State (Neb.)
Week 3 (January 19): Xavielle Brown, Park (Mo.)
Week 4 (January 26): Shunquez Stephens, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.)
Week 5 (February 2): Jerell Ellis, Texas Wesleyan
Week 6 (February 9): Match Burnham, Carroll (Mont.)