By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Ali Zieverink of Shawnee State (Ohio) was named the NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Zieverink was selected for her performance during the week of Feb. 1-7 and was selected out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Ali Zieverink, Shawnee State (Ohio)
Sr., F, West Chester, Ohio
• In the NAIA Game of the Week Saturday, Feb. 6, Zieverink went for 22 points and 16 rebounds to record her fifth double-double of the season.
• Helped her team go 3-0 in conference play.
• Averaged 20.3 points, 10.0 rebounds, 1.0 assist and 1.0 steals.
• Pulled in 25-of-34 field goals on the week for a 74 percent average.
• Shot 55 percent from the charity stripe (11-20).
• Ranks first in the NAIA in points per game (23.2), field goal percentage (0.62) and total scoring (579).
• This is her first career player of the week honor.
For a complete list of all the Women’s Basketball Division II statistical leaders, click here.
For a complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Ana Dominguez, St. Thomas (Texas); Taleeah Cross, Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.); Natalee Faupel, Montana State-Northern; Shakeena Benton, Talladega (Ala.); Macy Wallisch, Baker (Kan.); Jamilia Burgos, Voorhees (S.C.); Jatoria Carter, Auburn Montgomery (Ala.); Melissa Norman, Vanguard (Calif.); D'shala Culberson, Mid-America Christian (Okla.)
2015-16 Division II Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (January 06): Abbey Hengesbach, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)
Week 2 (January 13): Charnelle Reed, St. Francis (Ill.)
Week 3 (January 20): Deaundra Young, College of Saint Mary (Neb.)
Week 4 (January 26): Mikayla Leyden, Saint Xavier (Ill.)
Week 5 (February 03): Kelli Tolar, Mid-America Christian (Okla.)
Week 6 (February 10): Ali Zieverink, Shawnee State (Ohio)