NAIA National Wrestler of the Week – No. 6
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Taylor Hodel of Dickinson State (N.D.) has been named the NAIA National Wrestler of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. He was chosen based on his performances from Feb. 1 – 7. This is the sixth and final weekly award for the 2016 season.
National Wrestler of the Week
Taylor Hodel, Dickinson State (N.D.)
165-pound, Sr., Dixon, Calif.
• Cruised to the 165-pound title at the Sioux City Open on Feb. 6, highlighted by a victory against then-No. 4 Michael Nord of Jamestown (N.D.) (fall 3:28) in the finals.
• Won by pin in four-of-five matches at the event.
• Claimed a 6-2 decision over Aaron Lopez of Midland (Neb.) in his only bout that went full time.
• Boasts a 27-2 record on the season.
• First national weekly award of his career.
For the complete NAIA Wrestler of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Joseph Robinson, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Andrew Mahone, Missouri Baptist; Daniel Rittell, Williams Baptist (Ark.); Andrew Schulte, Concordia (Neb.); Gabi Musallam, Missouri Valley; Dillon Scanlon, Benedictine (Kan.); Colby Crank, Baker (Kan.); Nate Croley, Cumberland (Tenn.); Matt Walker, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Ramsey Bloy, Cumberlands (Ky.); Kyle Terry, Campbellsville (Ky.); Aris Knight, Southeastern (Fla.); LJ Grayson, Indiana Tech.
2016 Wrestling Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 6): Andrew Long, Grand View (Iowa)
Week 2 (Jan. 13): Andrew Schulte, Concordia (Neb.)
Week 3 (Jan. 20): Tanner Werner, Grand View (Iowa)
Week 4 (Jan. 27): Tyler Hinton, Ottawa (Kan.)
Week 5 (Feb. 3): Ramsey Bloy, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Week 6 (Feb. 10): Taylor Hodel, Dickinson State (N.D.)