NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week – No. 7 (Feb. 16)
By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Megan Balcom of MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) was named the NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Balcom was selected for her performance during the week of Feb. 8-14 and was selected out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Megan Balcom, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.)
Sr., G, Olathe, Kan.
• Put up a career-high 42 points in a win against Graceland (Iowa) on 70 percent shooting (16-23), which is the second highest total in program history.
• Averaged 30.0 points, 5.0 assists and 1.5 steals.
• Pulled in 22-of-37 field goals on the week for a 60 percent average.
• Recorded 12-of-23 3-point field goals for a 52 percent average.
• Ranks fifth in the NAIA in total 3-point field goals made (70).
• Ranks seventh in 3-point field goals made per game (2.8)
• This is her first career player of the week honor.
For a complete list of all the Women’s Basketball Division II statistical leaders, click here.
For a complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Casey Chenevert, Tougaloo (Miss.); Michaela Thompson, Williams Baptist (Ark.); Che'Ron Lewis, Langston (Okla.); Natalee Faupel, Montana State-Northern; Lindsey Burd, Campbellsville (Ky.); Starla Daggan, Mobile (Ala.); Baily Cameron, John Brown (Ark.); Samantha Doucette, Vanguard (Calif.)
2015-16 Division II Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (January 06): Abbey Hengesbach, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)
Week 2 (January 13): Charnelle Reed, St. Francis (Ill.)
Week 3 (January 20): Deaundra Young, College of Saint Mary (Neb.)
Week 4 (January 26): Mikayla Leyden, Saint Xavier (Ill.)
Week 5 (February 03): Kelli Tolar, Mid-America Christian (Okla.)
Week 6 (February 10): Ali Zieverink, Shawnee State (Ohio)
Week 7 (February 16): Megan Balcom, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.)