By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Elsa Westin of Keiser (Fla.) has been named the NAIA National Women’s Golfer of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. Westin was selected based on her performances from April 11-17 and was chosen out of a pool of conference, Association of Independent Institutions and unaffiliated group winners.
National Golfer of the Week
Elsa Westin, Keiser (Fla.)
So., Bromma, Sweden
• Repeated as The Sun Conference Champion, shooting a three-day total of 220, April 15-18 against 43 golfers from the conference.
• Won conference tournament by four strokes on the 6,027-yard Kinderlou Forest Golf Club in Valdosta, Ga.
• Improved her score every round, shooting 76, 75 and a tournament-low 69 on the last day.
• Helped team to The Sun Conference Championship, placing first out of eight teams.
• This is her third career player of the week honor.
Nominees: Jodie Peacock, William Woods (Mo.); Cassidy Gibson, Milligan (Tenn.); Lauren Kruszewski, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.); Taylor Thompson, Saint Xavier (Ill.); Bridget Wolff, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Mary Jackson, St. Francis (Ill.); Taylor Wilson, Marian (Ind.); Brittany Smith, Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio); Jocelyn Ojala, Bethel (Ind.); Annika Harmon, Indiana Wesleyan; Allison Depko, Midland (Neb.); Myla Brown, Morningside (Iowa); Demi Coertze, William Penn (Iowa); Aspen Bryant, Bethany (Kan.); Breanna Nowak, Indiana East; Wendy Monfort, Bellevue (Neb.); Alex Schies, Texas Wesleyan; Anna Mikish, Oklahoma City; Sarah Gilliard, Coastal Georgia; Courtney Dye, Indiana Tech
2015-16 Women's Golf Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (March 23): Cassidy Gibson, Milligan (Tenn.)
Week 2 (March 30): Alex Schie, Texas Wesleyan
Week 3 (April 06): Kaitlyn Riley, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Week 5 (April 20): Elsa Westin, Keiser (Fla.)