By Spencer Scheve, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, MO. - Emily Key of Park (Mo.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Soccer Offensive Player of the Week and Abby Schue of Grace (Ind.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Soccer Defensive Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday.
National Offensive Player of the Week
Emily Key, Park (Mo.)
5-4, Sr., F, Wolverhampton, England
• In two matches last week, Key recorded seven goals and two assists, tallying 16 points.
• Key scored Park’s only two goals in its win over No. 13 Columbia (Mo.) in the AMC Game of the Week.
• Ranks No. 2 in the NAIA in total goals (17) and No. 3 in goals per game (1.89), total points (38) and points per game (4.22).
• She logged a single game career-high of 12 total points against Stephens (Mo.) on Oct. 1.
National Defensive Player of the Week
Abby Schue, Grace (Ind.)
6-0, Jr., GK, Warsaw, Ind.
• In two matches played last week, Schue recorded 11 saves and two shutout victories.
• She posted 11 saves against No. 23 Marian (Ind.) as she helped lead the Lancers to a 2-0 victory.
• Ranks No. 48 in the NAIA in total saves (52).
• She also shut out Bethel (Ind.) to help the Lancers jump into a tie for third-place in the Crossroads League.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Offensive Nominees: Carla Delgado, Union (Ky.); Denim Belville, Soka (Calif.); Facienne Graham, Southern Oregon; Anna Stadler, Cardinal Stritch (Wis.); Meredith Hollar, Grace (Ind.); Jazzmyn Esquivel, Hope International (Calif.); Megan Kruse, Hastings (Neb.); Haley Nichols, Missouri Valley; Jen Rogers, Kansas Wesleyan; Gillian Morris, Georgetown (Ky.); Emily Brennan, Presentation (S.D.); Kimberlin Palacios, Huston-Tillotson (Texas); Alexia Maughmer, Rio Grande (Ohio); Sara Ricks, Oklahoma City; Millene Cabral Vieira, Martin Methodist (Tenn.); Johanna Engberg, Keiser (Fla.); Anya Pallas, Aquinas (Mich.)
Defensive Nominees: Hannah Brindle, Park (Mo.); Kat Yahnke, Columbia (S.C.); Desiree Coles, UC Merced; Megan Smith, Southern Oregon; Heidi Tamblyn, Cardinal Stritch (Wis.); Brianna Mikalson, Biola (Calif.); Madison Fordyce, Northwestern (Iowa); Christine Piasecki, Clarke (Iowa); Antonia Burrell, Kansas Wesleyan; Brittney Moshos, Georgetown (Ky.); Bobbye Pendleton, Presentation (S.D.); Chelsea York, St. Thomas (Texas); Andrea Vera, Rio Grande (Ohio); Samantha Weber, John Brown (Ark.); Melissa Beaulieu, Mobile (Ala.); Kiera Heslam, Keiser (Fla.); Heather Derstine, Lawrence Tech (MI)2016-17 Women's Soccer Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (September 07): Abby Baravik, William Carey (Miss.) , Amanda Blixt, Keiser (Fla.)
Week 2 (September 14): Ebba Blomqvist, Keiser (Fla.) , Aubrey Schierbeek, Spring Arbor (Mich.)
Week 3 (September 21): Ashley Timmons, Spring Arbor (Mich.) , Tia Sanford, Indiana Wesleyan
Week 4 (September 28): Madison Donihoo, Mid-America Christian (Okla.) , Kindsay Miller-riney, Midway (Ky.)
Week 5 (October 05): Abby Schue, Grace (Ind.) , Emily Key, Park (Mo.)