KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Lane Mahurin of Indiana Wesleyan has been named the NAIA Division II Men's Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Mahurin was selected for his play during the week of Jan. 9 - 15 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
Division II Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
Lane Mahurin, Indiana Wesleyan
6-7, Sr., F, Rockville, Ind.
• Mahurin posted 69 points, while leading the Wildcats to two victories over two Top 25 opponents.
• Recorded a career-high 37 points in a win over No. 15 Taylor (Ind.), 91-79.
• Mahurin followed his career-high with a 32-point game in a victory over No. 3 Saint Francis (Ind.), 85-81.
• Mahurin sits 47 points away from earning 2,000 points in his career.
• He ranks No. 13 in the NAIA in total scoring with 421 points.
• Averaged 34.5 points, 9.5 rebounds and 2.0 assists throughout the week.
For a complete list of all the Division II Men’s Basketball statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Charlie Nedd-Araujo, Florida Memorial; BJ Shelton, Bellevue (Neb.); CJ Bussey, Indiana Tech; Alec Henrickson, Dordt (Iowa); Brandon Halter, Oregon Tech; Ronnie Kozak, UC Merced; David Campbell, Truett-McConnell (Ga.); Zach Kirschbaum, Trinity International (Ill.); Grant Greenberg, Saint Mary (Kan.); Gary Hoover, Ohio Christian
2016-17 Division II Men's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (November 30): Warren Hall, Warner (Fla.)
Week 2 (December 7): Grant Greenberg, Saint Mary (Kan.)
Week 3 (December 14): Daniel Woll, Huntington (Ind.)
Week 4 (January 4): Warren Hall, Warner (Fla.)
Week 5 (January 11): Grant Greenberg, Saint Mary (Kan.)
Week 6 (January 18): Lane Mahurin, Indiana Wesleyan