By: Spencer Scheve, Athletics Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Warren Hall of Warner (Fla.) has been named the NAIA Division II Men's Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Hall was selected for his play during the week of Jan. 30 – Feb. 5 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
Division II Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
Warren Hall, Warner (Fla.)
6-2, Sr., G, Tampa, Fla.
• Recorded 25 points and nine rebounds in a win over Webber International (Fla.), 75-57.
• Posted 35 points, seven rebounds and five assists in a victory over NCCAA Trinity (Fla.), 103-74.
• With the win over Trinity, Hall became The Sun Conference’s all-time leading scorer. Hall sits at 2,418 career points.
• Averaged 30.0 points, 8.0 rebounds and 4.0 assists throughout the week.
• This is Hall’s third Player of the Week award this season.
For a complete list of all the Division II Men’s Basketball statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Connor Zinaich, St. Andrews (N.C.); Jake Bullock, Aquinas (Mich.); Tanner Heiser, Dakota State (S.D.); Alex Starkel, Midland (Neb.); Cameron Hunt, Southwestern (Kan.); Travis Arenas, Cal Maritime; Jay Mayernik, Northwest Christian (Ore.); Quinn Niego, Saint Xavier (Ill.); Elisha Boone, WVU Tech; Josh Ashwill, Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio)
2016-17 Division II Men's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (November 30): Warren Hall, Warner (Fla.)
Week 2 (December 7): Grant Greenberg, Saint Mary (Kan.)
Week 3 (December 14): Daniel Woll, Huntington (Ind.)
Week 4 (January 4): Warren Hall, Warner (Fla.)
Week 5 (January 11): Grant Greenberg, Saint Mary (Kan.)
Week 6 (January 18): Lane Mahurin, Indiana Wesleyan
Week 7 (January 25): Jay Mayernik, Northwest Christian (Ore.)
Week 8 (February 1): Bryan Beard, Oregon Tech
Week 9 (February 8): Warren Hall, Warner (Fla.)