KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Kayla Styles of Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) has been named the NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Styles was selected for her play during the week of Jan. 30 – Feb. 5 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Kayla Styles, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
6-1, Jr., F, Louisville, Ky.
• Recorded her 10th double-double of the season in the No. 4 Blue Raiders’ 77-72 victory against No. 8 Campbellsville (Ky.) last week.
• Finished the contest with 23 points, 14 rebounds, six assists, five blocks and one steal.
• Connected on 8-of-13 shooting and was 6-for-10 at the free throw line.
• The performance helped Lindsey Wilson (23-0) keep its unbeaten season intact.
• Ranks among the top five nationally in defensive rebounds per game (8.0) and field goal percentage (.573).
• First career National Player of the Week honor.
For a complete list of all the Women’s Basketball Division I statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Andrea Moffitt, Williams Baptist (Ark.); Katie Lemieux, LSU Alexandria; Kea Whittington, Clarke (Iowa); Hailee Farstveet, Rocky Mountain (Mont.); Montoria Atkinson, Tougaloo (Miss.); Baily Cameron, John Brown (Ark.); Briah Woods, Brenau (Ga.); Claire Lamunu, Vanguard (Calif.).
2016-17 Division I Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (December 6): Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City
Week 2 (December 13): Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City
Week 3 (January 3): Starla Daggan, Mobile (Ala.)
Week 4 (January 10): Jade Jones, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
Week 5 (January 17): Chanel Roberts, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 6 (January 24): Kourtney Pennywell, LSU Shreveport (La.)
Week 7 (January 31): Mishae Roper, Huston-Tillotson (Texas)
Week 8 (February 7): Kayla Styles, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)