KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Kayla Styles of Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) has been named the final NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Styles was selected for her play during the week of Feb. 13 – 19 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Kayla Styles, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
6-1, Jr., F, Louisville, Ky.
• Recorded her 12th and 13th double-doubles of the season during a 2-0 week for Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) to help the Blue Raiders remain unbeaten at 26-0.
• Began the week with a career-high 30 points in a 79-64 victory over Cumberlands (Ky.), while adding 10 rebounds.
• Finished the week with 17 points and 18 rebounds over No. 22 Pikeville (Ky.).
• From the field for the week, Styles shot 61.5 percent and went 14-of-17 (82.4 percent) from the charity stripe.
• Over the course of the two wins, she averaged 23.5 points per game and 14 rebounds.
• Ranks No. 3 in NAIA Division I in rebounds per game (8.3), No. 6 in total rebounds per game (11.1) and No. 9 in field goal percentage (.557).
• This is Styles’ second National Player of the Week honor this season (Feb. 7).
For a complete list of all the Women’s Basketball Division I statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Courtney Randle, LSU Shreveport (La.); Aysia Shellmire, Westmont (Calif.); Jasmine Lee-Stackhouse, Talladega (Ala.); Taleeah Cross, Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.); Vashti Nwagbaraocha, William Penn (Iowa); Starla Daggan, Mobile (Ala.); Baily Cameron, John Brown (Ark.); Natalee Faupel, Montana State-Northern
2016-17 Division I Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (December 6): Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City
Week 2 (December 13): Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City
Week 3 (January 3): Starla Daggan, Mobile (Ala.)
Week 4 (January 10): Jade Jones, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
Week 5 (January 17): Chanel Roberts, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 6 (January 24): Kourtney Pennywell, LSU Shreveport (La.)
Week 7 (January 31): Mishae Roper, Huston-Tillotson (Texas)
Week 8 (February 7): Kayla Styles, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 9 (February 14): Kelsey Ernst, Clarke (Iowa)
Week 10 (February 21): Kayla Styles, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)