By Spencer Scheve, Athletics Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Tristan Burkhard of Lawrence Tech (Mich.) was selected as this week’s NAIA Men’s Lacrosse Offensive Player of the Week, while Dakota Lambing of Cumberlands (Ky.) is this week’s National Defensive Player of the Week. They were selected for their performances during the week of March 13 – 19 and were chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners
National Offensive Player of the Week
Tristan Burkhard, Lawrence Tech (Mich.)
Jr., A, Techumseh, Mich.
• Burkhard recorded a career-high nine of the Blue Devils 20 goals in the victory over Robert Morris (Ill.).
• Recorded two assists and had a .818 shot on goal percentage.
• Ranks second in the NAIA in goals per game (4.8) and has 29 goals on the season.
Dakota Lambing, Cumberlands (Ky.)
So., G, West Chester, Ohio
• Lambing helped lead the Patriots to a 3-0 week, including two wins over Top 10 opponents – then No.9 Saint Mary (Kan.) then-No. 6 SCAD Savannah (Ga.) and RV Point (Ga.).
• On the week, Lambing earned a save percentage of .562.
• During the win against then-No. 6 SCAD Savannah, Lambing recorded a career-high 17 saves and held the Bees to seven goals, their fewest of the season.
• Lambing has recorded four double-digit saves this season.
• This is Lambing’s second honor of the season
Offensive Nominees: Luke Wyatt, Cumberlands (Ky.); Austin Dahl, Missouri Baptist; Brendan Buckley, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Matthew Waeckerle, Saint Mary (Kan.)
Defensive Nominees: Connor Goonan, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Matt Mulcahy, Aquinas (Mich.)
2016-17 Men's Lacrosse Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (March 1): Dakota Lambing, Cumberlands (Ky.) , Justin Flint, Keiser (Fla.)
Week 2 (March 8): Tyler Hooper, Siena Heights (Mich.) , Tristan Burkhard, Lawrence Tech (MI)
Week 3 (March 15): Conner Mishler, Lourdes (Ohio) , Luke Wyatt, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Week 4 (March 22): Dakota Lambing, Cumberlands (Ky.) , Tristan Burkhard, Lawrence Tech (MI)