Photo Cred: Meleah Powers
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Jhari Williams of USC Beaufort (S.C.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Outdoor Track Athlete of The Week and Bailey Dell of Northwest Christian (Ore.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Outdoor Field Athlete of The Week, the national office announced Wednesday. Williams and Dell were selected based on their performances from March 13 – 19.
Women’s Outdoor Track Athlete of the Week:
Jhari Williams, USC Beaufort (S.C.)
Fr., Thomasville, Ga.
• Recorded a first-place finish in the 100-meter, 200-meter run and a third-place finish in the 4x400-meter relay at the Charleston Southern Spring Break Invite.
• Williams finished first out of 35 athletes in the 100-meter, running an ‘A’ standard time of 11.71.
• Finished first in the 200-meter run out of 51 athletes with ‘A’ standard time of 24.46.
• Williams helped the 4x400 relay team break the school mark while hitting the ‘A’ standard with a third-place finish.
Women’s Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week
Bailey Dell, Northwest Christian (Ore.)
Jr., La Salle, Ontario
• Recorded a first-place finish in the javelin at the Lane Preview on March 18.
• Hit the ‘A’ standard mark with a throw of 45,04.
• Dell’s throw bested the 20 athlete field, including six from NCAA DI Oregon State.
• Dell owns the longest throw in the NAIA this season.
For the complete Athlete of the Week calendar, click here.
Track Nominees: Nikki Smith, Columbia (Mo.); Anna Houston, William Woods (Mo.); Rakayla Tyler, Southern Oregon; Shea Vallaire, Northwest Christian (Ore.); Emily Hawgood, College of Idaho; Sarah Estabrook, Northwest (Wash.); Kristi Childers, Corban (Ore.); Ariane Williams, Xavier (La.); Theresa Zehnle, Central Methodist (Mo.); Malon Lee, Missouri Valley; Taylor Needham, Southwestern (Kan.); Rashe' Boynton, Bethel (Kan.); Natasha Poleon, Wiley (Texas); Jennifer Ramirez, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas); Katie Guarnaccia, Point Park (Pa.); Nikki Aleshire, WVU Tech; Aubrey Dunfee, Rio Grande (Ohio); Chasity Crawford, Texas Wesleyan; Jonina Brinson, Mobile (Ala.); Pam Byrd, William Carey (Miss.); Cheyenne Wells, Brenau (Ga.); Leah Banks, Loyola (La.); Oshin Hyman, Warner (Fla.); Julia Kaster, Southeastern (Fla.); April Wilson, Indiana Tech
Field Nominees: Madelyn Scrivner, William Woods (Mo.); Abby Stricker, Columbia (Mo.); Jhalexius Chandler, Truett-McConnell (Ga.); Crystal Lynch, Corban (Ore.); Tamia Scott, Xavier (La.); Allison Newport , Evangel (Mo.); Kortnee Vaught, Central Methodist (Mo.); Bryanna Music, Ottawa (Kan.); Selena Ornelas, Southwest (N.M.); Aundrea Culliver, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas); Ebony Carr, Wiley (Texas); Kiana Daley, Point Park (Pa.); Hailey Couchman, WVU Tech; Allison McNeal, Rio Grande (Ohio); Jonina Brinson, Mobile (Ala.); Ismaelle Occeus, Brenau (Ga.); Leah Banks, Loyola (La.); Eunique Byrd, Florida Memorial; Jordan Irvin, Indiana Tech
2016-17 Women's Indoor T&F Composite Award Winners (Field, Track)
Week 1 (March 22): Bailey Dell, Northwest Christian (Ore.) , Jhari Williams, USC Beaufort (S.C.)