By Spencer Scheve, Athletics Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Trevor Stanley of Indiana Tech has been named the NAIA National Men's Outdoor Track Athlete of The Week and Malik Stuart of Indiana Tech has been named the NAIA National Men's Outdoor Field Athlete of The Week, the national office announced Wednesday. Stanley and Stuart were selected based on their performances from March 13 – 19.
Men’s Outdoor Track Athlete of the Week:
Trevor Stanley, Indiana Tech
Sr., Fort Wayne, Ind.
• Finished first in the 200-meter dash and the 4x100-meter relay on March 13 at the Battle on the Ridge. Stanley also recorded a first-place finish in the 110-meter hurdles and a third-place finish in the 200-meter run at the USF Bulls Invite.
• Stanley ran an ‘A’ standard 4x100-meter run with a time of 41.35.
• Ran an ‘A’ standard 110-meter hurdles with a time of 14.37, beating four NCAA DI runners.
• Stanley holds the fastest time in the nation in the 110-meter hurdles and third-fastest time in the 200-meter dash.
Men’s Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week:
Malik Stuart, Indiana Tech
Jr., Nassau, Bahamas
• Placed first in the shot put out of six athletes on March 13 at the Battle on the Ridge. Stuart also recorded a first-place finish at the USF Bulls Invite in the shot put and a sixth-place finish in the discusss.
• Hit the ‘A’ standard on both shot put throws, including his nation leading throw of 16.7, five inches further than the competition.
• Stuart leads the NAIA in the shot put and is No. 2 in the discus.
For the complete Athlete of the Week calendar, click here.
Track Nominees: Alex Fritz, Columbia (Mo.); Kaleb Wilson, William Woods (Mo.); Josh Parsons, Tennessee Wesleyan; Donald Bonner, Truett-McConnell (Ga.); Therron "TJ" Randle, Northwest (Wash.); Matt East, Southern Oregon; Craig Boekenoogen, Corban (Ore.); Terrell Posada, Evangel (Mo.); Doug Hutcherson, Central Methodist (Mo.); Tomunci Whitfield, Southwestern (Kan.); Quinn-Lee Ralph, Wiley (Texas); Ricky Ramos, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas); Eric Biggs, Point Park (Pa.); Jesse Griesheimer, WVU Tech; Blake Freed, Rio Grande (Ohio); Fernando Orellana, Texas Wesleyan; Justin Johnson, William Carey (Miss.); Zachary Taylor, Mobile (Ala.); Jordan Clarke, Webber International (Fla.); Chris George, USC Beaufort (S.C.); Trae Miller, Southeastern (Fla.); Matthew Smith, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Nykemis Pelham, Warner (Fla.); Chale McLeod, Florida Memorial
Field Nominees: Ray Steele, William Woods (Mo.); Austin Ray, Columbia (Mo.); Donald Bonner, Truett-McConnell (Ga.); Christian Hackney, Northwest Christian (Ore.); Brooks Ney, College of Idaho; Zach Beltz, Southern Oregon; Keairez Coleman, Xavier (La.); Jarien Horton, Central Methodist (Mo.); Brandt Wolters, McPherson (Kan.); Zach Gray, Southwestern (Kan.); Kyle Wilson, Bethel (Kan.); Alex Sattley, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas); Jryi Davis, Point Park (Pa.); Daniel Lynch, WVU Tech; Connor Messer, Rio Grande (Ohio); Tre' Anterius Brooks, William Carey (Miss.); Gavin Pittman, Mobile (Ala.); Corion Knight, Florida Memorial
2016-17 Men's Outdoor T&F Composite Award Winners (Field, Track)
Week 1 (March 22): Malik Stuart, Indiana Tech , Trevor Stanley, Indiana Tech