By Spencer Scheve, Athletics Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Mackinley Morgan of Saint Mary (Kan.) was selected as this week’s NAIA Men’s Lacrosse Offensive Player of the Week, while Austin Ambrose of Reinhardt (Ga.) is this week’s National Defensive Player of the Week. They were selected for their performances during the week of March 20 – 26 and were chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winnersNational Offensive Player of the Week
Mackinley Morgan, Saint Mary (Kan.)
So., A, Livermore, Calif.
• Morgan helped push the Spires to a 2-1 week recording 12 goals.
• In the loss to Colorado State-Pueblo, Morgan posted three goals and four assists.
• Followed the loss with three goals and three assists in a v 21-7 victory over Clarke (Iowa).
• Morgan finished the week strong, posting six goals and four assists to lift Saint Mary over St. Ambrose (Iowa), 17-11.
National Defensive Player of the Week
Austin Ambrose, Reinhardt (Ga.)
Sr., GK, Woodstock, Ga.
• Ambrose helped lead the Eagles to a 3-0 week, including two wins over Top 10 opponents – then No.6 SCAD Savannah (Ga.) and then-No. 7 Cumberlands (Ky.).
• On the week, Ambrose earned a save percentage of .694.
• During the win against then-No. 6 SCAD Savannah, Ambrose recorded a season-high 11 saves and held the Bees to four goals - their fewest of the season.
• Ambrose averaged seven saves per game and 2.7 goals against on the week.
Offensive Nominees: Craig Marentette, Keiser (Fla.); Tim Popp, Lawrence Tech (MI); Brendan Buckley, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Bennett Jarrett, Reinhardt (Ga.)
Defensive Nominees: Connor Goonan, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Austin Degross, Missouri Valley; Tyler Hooper, Siena Heights (Mich.)
2016-17 Men's Lacrosse Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (March 1): Dakota Lambing, Cumberlands (Ky.) , Justin Flint, Keiser (Fla.)
Week 2 (March 8): Tyler Hooper, Siena Heights (Mich.) , Tristan Burkhard, Lawrence Tech (MI)
Week 3 (March 15): Conner Mishler, Lourdes (Ohio) , Luke Wyatt, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Week 4 (March 22): Dakota Lambing, Cumberlands (Ky.) , Tristan Burkhard, Lawrence Tech (MI)
Week 5 (March 29): Austin Ambrose, Reinhardt (Ga.) , Mackinley Morgan, Saint Mary (Kan.)