By Spencer Scheve, Athletics Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Natasha Poleon of Wiley (Texas) has been named the NAIA National Women's Outdoor Track Athlete of The Week and Bailey Dell of Northwest Christian (Ore.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Outdoor Field Athlete of The Week, the national office announced Wednesday. Williams and Dell were selected based on their performances from March 13 – 19.
Women’s Outdoor Track Athlete of the Week:
Natasha Poleon, Wiley (Texas)
Jr., St. Lucia
• Recorded a 15th-place finish in the 100-meter dash and a fifth-place finish in the 200-meter dash at the Bobby Lane Invitational on March 25.
• Poleon finished fifth out of 58 runners from NCAA Division I schools in the 200-meter with a time of 24.23, which tops the NAIA.
• Finished 15th in the 100-meter dash out of 48 athletes with an ‘A’ standard time of 11.95, which is the second best time in the NAIA.
• Poleon also leads the NAIA in the 400-meter dash, a mark set in her previous competition.
Women’s Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week
Bailey Dell, Northwest Christian (Ore.)
Jr., La Salle, Ontario
• Recorded a first-place finish in the javelin at the Willamette Invitational (Ore.) on March 25.
• Improved her own ‘A’ standard mark with a throw of 49.52 meters.
• Dell’s throw broke Northwest Christian’s school record and was the second longest throw in the NAIA over the past three seasons.
• She owns the longest throw in the NAIA this season.
• This is Dell’s second-straight honor.
For the complete Athlete of the Week calendar, click here.
Track Nominees: Aliyah Reams, Missouri Baptist; Hannah Segrave, Milligan (Tenn.); Lydia Wilson, Montreat (N.C.); Olivia Whatley, Union (Ky.); Lily Engelbrekt, Northwest (Wash.); Kendall Current, Eastern Oregon; Corrine Melvin, Indiana Wesleyan; Raven Gibson, Marian (Ind.); Jenny Sapp, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho); McKenna Rogers, Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.); Paige Thelen, Midland (Neb.); Sasha Newman, Dillard (La.); Tramaine Shannon, Xavier (La.); Krista Bushkofsky, Clarke (Iowa); Katie Roberts, Grand View (Iowa); Gloria Mares, Baker (Kan.); Madison Caffrey, Sterling (Kan.); VaShawnda Smith, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Anna Havranek, Shawnee State (Ohio); Madison Peace, Cumberlands (Ky.); Amanda Wolff, Dickinson State (N.D.); Keauna Hansen, Valley City State (N.D.); Jennifer Ramirez, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas); Anna Shields, Point Park (Pa.); Sarah Hornak, Indiana East; Telecia Briscoe, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Maria Galarza, Texas Wesleyan; Jonina Brinson, Mobile (Ala.); Yesenia Davis, Loyola (La.); Betsy Douglas, USC Beaufort (S.C.); Aberdeen Williams, Florida Memorial; Araya Williams, Indiana Tech; Julia Kimmel, Lourdes (Ohio)
Field Nominees: Arissa Brown, Missouri Baptist; Michaela Huff, Hannibal-LaGrange (Mo.); Tamia Wade, Union (Ky.); Liz Maller, Milligan (Tenn.); Claire Otero, College of Idaho; Anna Miller, Northwest (Wash.); Harley McBribe, Eastern Oregon; Lauren McGowne, Southern Oregon; Lea Bock, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Bethany Bailey, Indiana Wesleyan; Mieke Paulick, Marian (Ind.); Plenseh-Tay Sakeuh, Taylor (Ind.); Daphne Puckett, Great Falls (Mont.); Allie Brooks, Concordia (Neb.); Felicia Hopes, Dillard (La.); Taylor Wells, Grand View (Iowa); Preston Kopp, Clarke (Iowa); Jessica Gardiner, Kansas Wesleyan; Paige Pettell, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Ja'Zell Woodard-Johnson, Campbellsville (Ky.); Clarc Walker, Cumberlands (Ky.); Seri Geisler, Valley City State (N.D.); Taishia Pryce, Wiley (Texas); Kiana Daley, Point Park (Pa.); Tyanna Petty, Rio Grande (Ohio); Kristen Miller, Indiana East; Ismaelle Occeus, Brenau (Ga.); Leah Banks, Loyola (La.); Jonina Brinson, Mobile (Ala.); Eunique Byrd, Florida Memorial; LaTonya Wilson, Indiana Tech; Heather Williams, Lourdes (Ohio)
20117 Women's Indoor T&F Composite Award Winners (Field, Track)
Week 1 (March 22): Bailey Dell, Northwest Christian (Ore.) , Jhari Williams, USC Beaufort (S.C.)
Week 2 (March 29): Bailey Dell, Northwest Christian (Ore.) , Natasha Poleon, Wiley (Texas)