KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Nathan Wedel of Northwestern (Iowa) has been named the NAIA Division II Men’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Wedel was chosen for his performances from December 4 – 10 and was selected out of a pool of conference award winners.
NAIA Division II Men’s Basketball National Player of the Week
Nathan Wedel, Northwestern (Iowa)
6-4, Sr., G, Yale, S.D.
- Netted a career-high 46 points in the Northwestern 116-111 overtime win over Dordt (Iowa) on Dec. 6. The scoring effort was second-best in Red Raider history.
- Wedel was a pivotal reason for Northwestern going 2-0 last week with wins over Dordt and (RV) Dakota State (S.D.) on Dec. 9.
- Weekly Stats
- Averaged 28.5 points, 7.0 rebounds and 3.5 assists.
- Shot 63.2 percent (24-of-38) from the field and 63.6 percent (7-of-11) from the foul line.
- Added 1.0 blocks and 1.0 steals last week.
For more information on NAIA Division II Men’s Basketball, click here.
For a complete listing of all national statistical leaders, click here.
Nominees: Kyle Steigenga, Cornerstone (Mich.); Brandon Moore, Allen (S.C.); Hollis Mitchell, Ottawa (Kan.); Mitchell Fink, Oregon Tech; Cole Taira, UC Merced; Will Hill, Rio Grande (Ohio); Logan Primerano, Goshen (Ind.); Deion Mcclenton, Keiser (Fla.); Marcus White, Dickinson State (N.D.); Brode Hopkins, Lincoln Christian (Ill.); O'Shae Williams, Trinity International (Ill.)
2017-18 Division II Men’s Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Nov. 28): Ryan Williams, Midland (Neb.)
Week 2 (Dec. 5): Derek Hinen, Saint Francis (Ind.)
Week 3 (Dec. 12): Nathan Wedel, Northwestern (Iowa)