By Trevor Lininger, NAIA Athletic Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Mike Johnson of Culver-Stockton (Mo.) has been named the NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball National Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Johnson was chosen for his performances from December 25 – January 1 and was selected out of a pool of conference award winners.
NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball National Player of the Week
Mike Johnson, Culver-Stockton (Mo.)
5-11, Jr., G, Jackson, Mich.
- Johnson recorded career high in points and rebounds against Briar Cliff (Iowa) with 35 and 11 respectively.
- The next night, Johnson once again set a new career high in points scored with 37 agianst Morningside (Iowa).
- Weekly Stats
- Averaged 36 points a game
- Averaged nine rebounds a game
- Shot 54.3 percent (25-for-46) from the floor
For more information on NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball, click here.
For a complete listing of all national statistical leaders, click here.
Nominees: Malik Colvin-seldon, Cumberlands (Ky.); Juwan Jones, Texas Wesleyan; Charles-eddie Smith, Edward Waters (Fla.); Ryan Imhoff, Carroll (Mont.); Jaylen Moore, William Carey (Miss.); Timothy Soares, The Master's (Calif.)
2017-18 Division I Men’s Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Dec. 5): Isaac Edmondson, Bethel (Tenn.)
Week 2 (Dec. 12): Ridell Camidge, Oklahoma City
Week 3 (Jan. 2): Mike Johnson, Culver-Stockton (Mo.)