2017 NAIA Division II Women's Coaches' Top 25 Poll - Final (March 1)
By Nikki Sherrill, Athletic Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, MO. – In the final regular-season edition, undefeated St. Francis (Ill.) remains atop the rankings as the No. 1 team in the NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced Wednesday. The Fighting Saints earned six first-place votes and 307 total points to remain in control. The postseason Top 25 Poll will be released on Wednesday, March 22.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and the Association of Independent Institutions.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low ratings) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appears on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
• For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2016-17 NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Final (March 1)
|RANK||WEEK||SCHOOL||VOTES||Season Record||Total Points|
|1||1||St. Francis (Ill.)||6||31-1||307|
|3||3||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||1||30-2||292|
|7||8||College of the Ozarks (Mo.)||26-4||251|
|8||9||Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.)||26-6||244|
|14||15||Purdue Northwest (Ind.)||24-8||171|
|18||18||Cardinal Stritch (Wis.)||24-6||143|
|21||21||Dickinson State (N.D.)||23-7||103|
|22||22||Siena Heights (Mich.)||24-9||100|
Dropped from rankings: Reinhardt (Ga.)
Other Recieving Votes: Valley City State (N.D.) 62; Reinhardt (Ga.) 39; Saint Francis (Ind.) 38; Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) 36; Saint Mary (Kan.) 18; IU Kokomo (Ind.) 17; Huntington (Ind.) 3; UC Merced (Calif.) 3; Antelope Valley (Calif.) 3