By Katie Green, Manager of Athletics Communications and Media
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – SCAD Savannah (Ga.) gained the No. 1 rank in this week’s edition of the NAIA Women’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced on Friday. SCAD Savannah (Ga.) capture the top slot with 17-of-18 first-place votes.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000, excluding 2006 polls)
- This is 13th time in school history that SCAD Savannah (Ga.) has tallied a first-place ranking.
- The Bee’s opened the season with a 1st-of-18 win at the Battle at Old South, which was comprised of NCAA Division II schools.
- There were four new additions to the poll: No. 3 Brenau (Ga.), No. 17 Bethel (Ind.), No. 23 Taylor (Ind.), No. 24 Lewis-Clark State (Idaho).
- To date, Oklahoma City has tallied the most No. 1 rankings with a total of 45.
- Since 2006, William Woods (Mo.) and SCAD – Savannah (Ga.) hold the record for current streak in the Top 25 at 69 polls.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2017 NAIA Women's Golf Coaches Top 25 Poll #1
|RANK||WEEK||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||Points|
|1||5||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) ||498|
|2||4||Dalton State (Ga.)||450|
|4||10||SCAD Atlanta (Ga.)||420|
|6||3||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||398|
|7||1||Oklahoma City ||381|
|8||23||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||379|
|8||13||William Carey (Miss.)||379|
|14||7||William Woods (Mo.)||312|
|19||25||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||193|
|24||NR||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||109|
|25||17||William Penn (Iowa)||104|
Dropped from the Top 25: No. 20 Cumberland (Tenn.), No. 21 Victoria (B.C.), No. 22 Bellevue (Neb.)
Others Receiving Votes: Corban (Ore.) 96, Cumberland (Tenn.) 77, Victoria (B.C.) 71, Morningside (Iowa) 54, Bellevue (Neb.) 45, Loyola (La.) 38, Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.) 25, Southwestern Christian (Okla.) 25