KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Grand View (Iowa) captured the No. 1 spot in the final regular season edition of the 2018 NAIA Women’s Volleyball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced on Monday.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- The frequency of polls occurs bi-weekly. This policy was approved by the National Administrative Council (NAC) for the 2016-17 academic season. This change will allow raters the opportunity to consider a larger body of work in between rating periods.
- For the complete rating calendar, click here.
Don’t miss a minute of any NAIA Championship this season. Buy your All-Championship Pass today.
2018 Women’s Volleyball Final Coaches’ Top 25 Poll (Nov. 12)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES||RECORD||POINTS|
|1||2||Grand View (Iowa) ||32-0||590|
|2||1||Park (Mo.) ||29-1||573|
|6||6||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||29-3||501|
|9||8||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||28-4||436|
|12||13||The Master’s (Calif.)||29-5||383|
|16||16||College of Idaho||22-8||306|
|21||21||Central Methodist (Mo.)||32-6||202|
Others receiving votes: Bellevue (Neb.) 98, Saint Francis (Ind.) 80, Saint Xavier (Ill.) 61, Cornerstone (Mich.) 51, Oklahoma City 27, Reinhardt (Ga.) 23, Indiana Wesleyan 22, Trinity Christian (Ill.) 16, Aquinas (Mich.) 5, Campbellsville (Ky.) 3, Morningside (Iowa) 3, IU Kokomo (Ind.) 3.