KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) officially announced the qualifiers for the 2019 Competitive Cheer National Championship. The 12-team competition will get underway with preliminaries on March 8.
This year’s field includes four automatic qualifiers, eight at-large bids
- Defending national champions, Missouri Valley will return to the 2019 championship as the Southeast Qualifier Champion.
- Oklahoma City, who was the first champion and the 2018 runner-up, qualified as the Southwest Qualifier Champion.
- Seven of the 12 qualifying teams qualified for all three championships: Concordia (Mich.), Indiana Wesleyan, Lourdes (Ohio), Missouri Valley, Oklahoma City, St. Ambrose (Iowa) and St. Francis (Ind.)
- Four of the 12 qualifying teams will compete in the national championship for the first time: Aquinas (Mich.), Central Methodist (Mo.), Cumberlands (Ky.) and Mobile (Ala.).
- Lindenwood Belleville (Ill.) qualified for the second year after previously qualifying in the inaugural championship.
|Aquinas (Mich.)||At-Large Bid||1||0||0|
|Central Methodist (Mo.)||At-Large Bid||1||0||0|
|Concordia (Mich.)||Northeast Qualifier Champion||3||2018||0|
|Cumberlands (Ky.)||At-Large Bid||1||0||0|
|Indiana Wesleyan||At-Large Bid||3||2018||0|
|Lindenwood (Ill.)||At-Large Bid||2||2017||0|
|Lourdes (Ohio)||At-Large Bid||3||2018||0|
|Missouri Valley||Southeast Qualifier Champion||3||2018||1|
|Mobile (Ala.)||Northwest Qualifier Champion||1||0||0|
|Oklahoma City||Southwest Qualifier Champion||3||2018||1|
|St. Ambrose (Iowa)||Host Bid||3||2018||0|
|St. Francis (Ind.)||At-Large Bid||3||2018||0|
Schedule of events CLICK HERE
Competitive cheer All-Americans will be announced on Tuesday, February 26 at noon central time.