By Spencer Scheve, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Northwestern Ohio claims a pair of honors as Pepe Cejudo has been named the NAIA National Men's Soccer Offensive Player of the Week and Nikola Kahvedzic has been named the NAIA National Men's Soccer Defensive Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday.
National Offensive Player of the Week
Pepe Cejudo, Northwestern Ohio
5-11, Fr., MF, Mexico City, Mexico
• In Northwestern Ohio’s only match of the week, Cejudo recorded the team’s only two goals to defeat No. 1 ranked Rio Grande (Ohio), 2-0.
• Cejudo documented his first multi-goal match of his career.
• Stands with three goals and two assists on the year.
• First career NAIA National Offensive Player of the Week award
National Defensive Player of the Week
Nikola Kahvedzic, Northwestern Ohio
5-11,Fr., G, Belgrade, Serbia
• In Northwestern Ohio’s only game of the week, Kahvedzic made 10 saves for a 2-0 shutout win over No. 1 ranked Rio Grande (Ohio).
• Kahvedzic broke the UNOH team and individual single match record with 10 saves.
• The shutout victory over Rio Grande is his fourth of the season.
• First career NAIA National Defensive Player of the Week award.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Offensive Nominees: Claudio Rivadeneira, Hannibal-LaGrange (Mo.); Kevin Van Der Slik, Tennessee Wesleyan; Artemio Contreras, UC Merced; Dakota Scott, Southern Oregon; Michael Ohioze, St. Ambrose (Iowa); Steven Johnson, Saint Francis (Ind.); Humphrey Mahowa, The Master's (Calif.); Daniel Whitehall, Hastings (Neb.); Lamin Ceesay, Graceland (Iowa); Leonardo Sosa, Friends (Kan.); Mutaya Mwape, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Nencho Margaritha, Jamestown (N.D.); Oscar Zamudio, St. Thomas (Texas); Ignacio Tellechea, WVU Tech; Frank Molina, St. Gregory's (Okla.); Santiago Moore, Dalton State (Ga.); Artur Sharapov, St. Thomas (Fla.)
Defensive Nominees: Gianni Santin, Lyon (Ark.); Torge Wiedenroth, Reinhardt (Ga.); Brennen Canfield, UC Merced; Max Schellmann, Northwest (Wash.); Ross Hendry, St. Ambrose (Iowa); Caleb Gmyrek, Marian (Ind.); Brandon Gomez, Vanguard (Calif.); Nishesh Yadav, Doane (Neb.); Patrick Irankunda, Missouri Valley; Parker O'Quinn, Southwestern (Kan.); Anibal Navarro, Pikeville (Ky.); Lasse Binder, Jamestown (N.D.); Erik Reyes, Wiley (Texas); Hunter Moles, WVU Tech; Giovani Bejarano, John Brown (Ark.); Grant Adam, William Carey (Miss.); Randy Chesson, Webber International (Fla.)
2016-17 Men's Soccer Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (September 07): Hayden Dees, Mobile (Ala.) , Alex Durbin, Dordt (Iowa)
Week 2 (September 14): Joe White, Hastings (Neb.) , Chance Bourdene, William Carey (Miss.)
Week 3 (September 21): Nikola Kahvedzic, Northwestern Ohio , Pepe Cejudo, Northwestern Ohio